Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Dwarf hamster with raw spots/missing fur
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dwarf hamster with raw spots/missing fur

7762742?1331574711
Hi. I've had my winter white dwarf hamster for about a month. She's probably around 3 or 4 months old, although I rescued her, so I'm not sure.
Just today when she was climbing up the side of her cage (something she does very often) I noticed one spot under her head and the entire underside of her left front leg are rubbed raw, red and missing fur. They don't appear to be bleeding. She does itch herself and clean herself, but I'm not sure if it's really excessive or not.
The photo is very blurry, but that's the underside of her leg as she climbs up the cage.
She is still active and eating and drinking.
Help?
Tags: dwarf, hamster, dwarf hamster, winter white, raw skin, missing fur, red, Skin