Guinea Pig not eating/drinking - crying when pees
In September my guinea pig started squeaking in pain when we thought he was pooping. We went to our vet right away. He did an xray to rule out stones or blockages. I was told to give him yogurt for probiotics. A week later he was fine. A few days ago he started again. This time it is worse and he's lost weight. And I realized its painful when he pees not poops. And there's been a slight blood color.  So I took him back to the vet. He thinks it's a urinary tract infection, which I thought the same thing after reading symptoms online. My piggie has to take Baytril twice a day for 2 weeks and continue the yogurt. The problem - he won't even eat the critical care I've been feeding him anymore. I put some on a veggie and he'll eat a little bit. He won't eat pellets or his favorite treats anymore. He won't drink water so I've been syringing it to him to keep him hydrated. He's not crying in pain as loud or as often (I assume because he's not drinking enough to really urinate). I'm calling my vet back in the morning to see what we can do, but I came across this forum while doing more research and wanted to know your opinion.  I have him in a smaller cage away from his brother to better observe him and keep better track of intake and output. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Do not feed him yogurt.  It's good probiotics, however guinea pigs should not have any dairy products, as it's not healthy for them.  You could try to put some apple cider vinegar(like 2-3 drops per gallon) in his water, and also feed him some cranberry juice.  The thing is, near me, I could never find the 100% cranberry juice, so I would make my own by buying a bag of fresh cranberries, and boiling them until they become a red soup.  If he doesn't like the taste, try adding a small bit of sugar, but not much