Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Guinea pigs
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Guinea pigs

My guinea pig won;t chew on wood or anythink like that ive been told to rub apple on the wood but that has'nt helped.

Any Ideas?

Any Comments will be very helpful

Thanks

R0bmister.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
You might get an answer quicker if you post this under the Small Animal Forum. This is the Cat Forum and like me, many others on here may not know enough about guinea pigs.
Good luck!
Blank
541150_tn?1306037443
......sigh..........hopefully this will help:

How old is the thing? If they are babies I would not worry too much. Just get them toilet paper or paper towel tubes to chew on. The wood is probably too hard and they probably lost interest. The tubes will be softer and hopefully more appealing to them. You can hide some treats in them too Make sure there is no toilet paper or glue still stuck to the tubes. Also, scented ones aren't good for them, so just make sure.
Here is a website you might find interesting.

http://www.mgpr.org/

Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
Ok, PrettyKitty, don't tell me you have a guinea pig too? I bet Abby would love to have a playmate, lol.
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
If she doesn't have one, I'll give her mine, hee, hee!! I have a female and I would love to give her a new home. I can't give her to just anyone for fear she won't be taken care of properly. I give Iggy toilet paper rolls. If I forget, she reminds me by chewing on her igloo house. They need to chew to keep their teeth from growing too long....Any guinea pig rescue's out there?
Blank
541150_tn?1306037443
Kellym, I could take your guinea pig. I love those things :)

April, lol I had one once. I did not quite know what to do with it or how to care for it, so it passed away. Then I started reading more about the species and how to care for them. Now that I know a bit more about guinea pigs I can give advice - not too much though, just the basics - and I can certainly adopt one and give it a good life. I'm sure Abby would love it LOL
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Hmmmm, so where is Palm Beach Gardens??  HA HA HA....
Blank
541150_tn?1306037443
You really are going to ship the thing to me? lol
Palm Beach is in Florida, USA. Would you post a picture of the lil one?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...