Hamster worries
Hey, I've got a hamster thats maybe about 2 year old, just recenlty he's come outside the little house he was sleeping in and is now sleeping in the main cage bit. He walks a little then goes over a bit then gets back up. He is becoming to see a bit frail, he is still eating, and he drinks alot but he has done for a while. I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions thanks
give him more toys
It sounds like any other aging animal - he's slowing down. He just doesn't have the energy to romp and run like he used to. At this stage it's best to make sure he stays warm enough. Older animals don't thermo-regulate as well. And give him good quality food - hamster food and healthy treats, not fun cookies and pretzels. I don't know if you do that; I know I like to treat my pet rat with a goodie once in awhile. But to make sure your hamster lives as long as he can, make sure he has the nutrition he needs to keep going. He may only have a few months left so just enjoy him while you can.