Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Hamster worries
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hamster worries

Hey, I've got a hamster thats maybe about 2 year old, just recenlty he's come outside the little house he was sleeping in and is now sleeping in the main cage bit. He walks a little then goes over a bit then gets back up. He is becoming to see a bit frail, he is still eating, and he drinks alot but he has done for a while. I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions thanks
Tags: hamsters
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1409398_tn?1281472874
give him more toys
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
It sounds like any other aging animal - he's slowing down. He just doesn't have the energy to romp and run like he used to. At this stage it's best to make sure he stays warm enough. Older animals don't thermo-regulate as well. And give him good quality food - hamster food and healthy treats, not fun cookies and pretzels. I don't know if you do that; I know I like to treat my pet rat with a goodie once in awhile. But to make sure your hamster lives as long as he can, make sure he has the nutrition he needs to keep going. He may only have a few months left so just enjoy him while you can.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...