1267823 tn?1270307887
Help My savannah
My friend , He have a 70cm savannah monitor. He leave home for visit about 1 week. And his savannah wasn't bask. After one week , he come home and his savannah have a lot of sign like MBD .:((
He dosen't eat any thing , she roll her seft and sleep. Now he is so weak !!! We must open his mouth to force for him to eat @@.
He always close his eye , and sleep.What should i do now ? I from VietNam and in my country doesn't have a vet for reptile !
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
187666 tn?1331176945
MBD - I assume you mean metabolic bone disease. That takes more than one week to develop. I hope the monitor's diet has been appropriate to provide all the nutrients it needs.

I really can't say why the monitor is acting this way. I don't have that much experience with lizards, just turtles. If he's that weak, force feeding could be deadly as well. A weak animal doesn't have the energy stores to process food well.

If you don't have a vet that can help, at least check with other lizard owners, check online for information (but be careful since not everything online is that accurate). I would say for now, keep the lizard warm and hydrated till you can get help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1267823 tn?1270307887
I thinks he will be dead , it to late .......!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
187666 tn?1331176945
I'm so sorry. I surely hope not but sometimes an animal just reaches a point of no return and it doesn't recover. Don't give up until he's actually gone. Keep looking for the answers.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community Resources