Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Nibble

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Nibble

I was at a waterfornt last night and a couple was walking a dog i went to pet it the dog was playful but nibbled on my hand i did not see any broken skin, n they said he was teething and assured me he had his shots. any concern>
If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it, especially in this day and age.  The fact that the dog was playful should help you to feel better.  A rabid dog would have bitten you in anger.  They did say that the dog had its shots. Seriously, if you are that worried, go to the doctor.  I, for one, would not be worried at all.  That is me, though.
I don't think I would worry either.  If the dog was rabid, the couple would not be able to walk it because it would try to bite them.

You would have more cause to worry about infection had the skin been broken.  

I don't recommend that people pet strange dogs, even if the owner says it is ok.  You never know how a dog will react.  They may see your action as threatening.  Admire from a distance and be safe.
thanks you both