VHD skin reaction

In September my rabbit, Poppet, recieved her second VHD jag. The first time she recieved this jag her front paw swelled up and she couldnt walk on it for a couple of days. This time her paw was only slightly limp for a day or two but a couple of weeks ago I noticed on the back of her neck where she recieved this jag the skin is flacking off in huge sections. It looks extremely dry and she will not let me touch it now (although she only comes up to us for food so never been that keen on us touching her.)

I took her to the vets and we both agreed that it might be a reaction to the jag but it is still an issue and looks like the surface area is getting larger.

Could I take skin samples to my vet to test as taking her to the vet is such a stress for her (and me)
Is this a common reaction? If so is there a way I should be treating it like salt water etc?