Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
bunny disease

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

bunny disease

I've got an outdoors cage with pet bunnies and ducks. I woke up this morning to find my new buck (brought in yesterday) with an eye problem. I'm not sure of the cause of it, he was fine until this morning, so I think maybe it's from a fight he had with another buck OR maybe one of the ducks is to blame?...
His over all mood hasn't changed, he still runns around and chases the other bunnies.  
So, my question is- Do I rush him to the vet? or can I apply some sort of cream on his eye beforhand?
PS
I've read that some kinds of antibiotics shouldn't be used- which are they? and what should i use?

Any advise would be great!
Thanks:)
Sorry this went unanswered so long;

I hope you took your bunny to the vet as needed (or not).

If you notice considerable discharge, then I would definitely take him to the vet. I'm not really up on Duck/ Bunny relations and whether they do combat... it is a battle I'd hate to witness.

Oh, the bun-anity!! :-)