Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
bunny!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

bunny!!!!

hi my bunny is 3 months od, i recently gave hima bath , is it ok???
No. Do not bath your rabbit. The water stresses them out and also they take so long to dry, although you may think it is dry but they are not really due to all the fur, therefore there is a high chance of catching a chill.
Rabbits are clean animals and groom themselves regularly. If you rabbit is not keeping itself clean, you need to see a vet as it is probably caused by a medical problem
Hey its not bad to bathe a rabbit but only do it if they really need it they can clean themselves just make sure they dry off good
My vet told me that my bunny could die of shock if he was bathed. Bunnies are not meant to be submersed in water, they can clean them selves. If you really need to clean him, try to brush the dirt out first and then just use a damp cloth on the dirty spots.
what i have done considering my rabbit is a very messy little boy :) we fill up the sink with soap and water. make a foam, then take the foam and clean the rabbit with that. ive done it a few times and he hasn't freaked out in the least bit. i think he likes it cuz he gets a lot of attention and we really get him nice and dry with the towel.
I have bred rabbits and  I have on occasion washed one and had no problems. Just make sure they are dry and not put outside too soon. I have kept my rabbits both in the house, like a cat,(litter box, runs freel around the house) and kept rabbits outside with a hutch and run. Its true they frighten easily and can die, but I never considered bathing them would cause this, nor have I had that experience, though it could, I suppose be true. I don't know. Not my experience. If one of my rabbits had feces on his bum I wouldn't think twice about bathing it off.
i wouldn't ever give them a water bath, you can buy a powder bath stuff for them that you coat them with etc. I was told never give them a bath.
Me and piejo (my bunny) just had our first bath together, it was really nice!

it's pretty simple, fill your sink or bath with a little amount of water, put a towel in it so he wont slip, and just pour the water from the sink\bath on him with your hand.
make it with a gr8 energy so he'll know it's supposed to be fun.

bath him only if he's really dirty, or if it's feally hot.
today we had 40c so I had to.