Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
cat injury

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

cat injury

my cat got out  of the house and he came back he stared limppimg on his right back foot and  i dont knoww wat to do. and  i looked and his toe nail his broken or yanked really badd ??
Is it still bleeding? A lot depends on how far back the nail is damaged. If it's all the way back to the toe pad, definitely take him to the vet. There could be a fracture in there and also there's a risk for infection. If it's just the tip of the nail that broke into the quick a little bit, keep a close eye on it. So much depends on how far into the nail it went. I hope he'll let you take a good look. Other than washing it a bit, don't put any medicine on it. He'll just lick it off and not every medicine should be ingested.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
trim the nail and be sure you have styptic powder in case there is bleeding
Dr Carol
Avatar_dr_f_tn
be sure its not bleeding and see your vet. This is easily taken care of. Dr Carol Osborne, DVM