cat injury
my cat got out  of the house and he came back he stared limppimg on his right back foot and  i dont knoww wat to do. and  i looked and his toe nail his broken or yanked really badd ??
Is it still bleeding? A lot depends on how far back the nail is damaged. If it's all the way back to the toe pad, definitely take him to the vet. There could be a fracture in there and also there's a risk for infection. If it's just the tip of the nail that broke into the quick a little bit, keep a close eye on it. So much depends on how far into the nail it went. I hope he'll let you take a good look. Other than washing it a bit, don't put any medicine on it. He'll just lick it off and not every medicine should be ingested.
trim the nail and be sure you have styptic powder in case there is bleeding
Dr Carol
be sure its not bleeding and see your vet. This is easily taken care of. Dr Carol Osborne, DVM