low platelet count in my cat
My 13 yr. ol d cat was recently diagnosed with bi-lateral lymphoma in the kidneys.  She has had one chemo treatment so far consisting of one lomustine pill and a steoid injection.  Less than 1 week later, our local vet said the tumor had actually shrunk, however she developed an upper respiratory infection for c. 10 days, and then several days later, she vomited blood, had to stay overnight in the emergency clinic where she was given liquids and a blood transfusion, due to a low platelet count. That was 5 days ago.  
1. Is there anything that can be done to increase her platelet count?
2. Is it likely the chemo pill doage is too strong and is causing her to have a very low immune system? Would a lower dosage of the lomustine be recommended?  thank you for your input.
My sisters dog suffered from thrombocytopenia for a year. The dog almost died at least 3 times. The only thing the vet could give was prednisone and imuran. She started giving the dog  cordyceps, 7 mushrooms, b and c all plant based, probiotics, enzymes, ubiquinol which help the dog get most of her CBC normalize except for the platelets. On the 12th month of having low platelet the following plant based  supplants were given: e-excels ORchestra ( contains ashitaba and kumazasa), refresh, pearl and noco. What further boosted her healing was SPIRULINa and chlorella. Thanks be to God !