squirrel bite
  This morning my son was trying to comfort an injured squirrel and it bit him. He has had a bad head ache ever since. The bite wound looks clean. Do I need to worry?
Do take him to the doctor to have the bite wound flushed out. The doc may prescribe antibiotics as a precaution. I don't know if rabies occurs in squirrels in your area. It's not a concern here on the west coast but not sure about further east. Do you still have the squirrel handy or know where it is? If so, they may want you to box it up and bring it in for testing. I'm sorry your son was injured but wild animals can be unpredictable. Perhaps when he's older he can volunteer at a local wildlife center to help care for the animals. Sounds like he has a heart for them.
   Thanks for the advice. My son is 14 and should know better but yes, he is so much more sympathetic for animals (he's ADHD and Conduct Disorder) than humans I hope he'll gain some more sense though. The squirrel managed to drag itself into a tree so we can't retrieve it's body. I'lcalled the nurse line last night and they said to try and get him in today but the wound is so small...I'll call the clinic and see about it.
  Thanks again!
Squirrels are of the rodent family and because of that, have very long front teeth. The wound may appear to be small but may have gone in deep. It's like injecting bacteria into the hand.

One thing I forgot to mention, if it's been a few years since his last tetanus shot, he'll probably end up with a new one. Ouch! Those shots leave your arm sore for a few days. Please don't hesitate to take him in to be examined.
I took him to the clinic.Doctor called animal controle (even though I'd told him what I learned on here) and they verified "no rabies". Gave him a prescription for antibiotics (which normally I won't fill) against infection.  Thanks for all the good advice.
Very good news! I'm glad.