African-American Women with PCOS and Hirsutism
Hello  everyone, I hope all is well. I was just diagnosed with PCOS although I've had symptoms of it since I was 12 (hirsutism) and I am now 36. My hirsutism was diagnosed as idiopathic because the testing I had did not indicate an elevated testosterone level. I don't know if the testing is more sophisticated now but I had new testing done and it did indicate that my free weak testosterone was elevated.

Anyway, I have a few hairs under my chin, a lot on my neck, chest, stomach, and inner thighs. I know...it's not attractive and very depressing. I pluck (which is not good for you and causes hyperpigmentation) and I shave. I've become very skilled at covering the hyperpigmentation up with concealer but I'm so tired of it. The plucking on my neck has caused so much hyperpigmentation that I have to conceal it or people would look at me and ask me, "What's wrong with your neck?" The skin on my chest also has hyperpigmentation and I only shave this area. I feel like a freak every time I shave my chest because I'm a woman and I'm a woman who loves makeup, clothes, fashion, shoes, etc. It just seems so wrong! If I wear low cut blouses I have to try to conceal the hyperpigmentation but it's difficult because the skin is not completely smooth and it looks like I've shaved so I'm always on the search for really nice big necklaces that would cover this part of my chest. It's difficult being me!!

If anyone can relate to me send me a message and let me know your struggle or what you've done to help this problem. It was difficult for me to share this because although I know it has to do with having PCOS and I did not cause this to happen, it still is embarrassing.

Also, I don't want to seem superficial or extremely vain because I do have other health concerns that are potentially much more damaging than the aesthetic ramifications of hirsutism but I just want to know if other African-American women are experiencing this because our skin is slightly different.

Thanks.
God bless you for your comment. I have not been diagnosed by a Dr. but I took a self-diagnose test on the internet and found that I too have pcos. My high school boyfriend discovered my first hair when I was in 10th grade so I was like 15. As the years went on and I gain more weight, the hair got worse. I'm 29 now and just fed up! I never heard of pcos before until I went to visit a electrolysis who insisted that I have this condition due to the texture of my hair. She told me to confirm with a Dr. but from her years of practice, she knows that I have this condition. I want children and it has been hard for me to conceive but I know God will bless me with children because that is His promise to me but I know He wants me healthy. I've only been pregnant once in my life after trying for 3yrs straight with my ex-husband. I lost my son in that pregnancy though. But now I'm married again and I'm trying again for a child but things have gotten real crazy with my body. Hormones out of wack, abnormal periods, I gain 50lbs in like 3-4 months. This is what really set off the alarms for me. I have gained weight throughout the years but never like this. I'm so glad I found this post! It has help me a lot and your testimony has helped me out a lot. I will try the things you have tried and pray to God that He gives me the same results as you. Please pray for me!!
I am so glad I found this forum. I am 25 and was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I had been experiencing the crazy hair growth on my neck, chin, and jawline. Everytime I try to remove it, even shaving, it leave little black marks on my skin. And it seems like the skin is getting thicker in that area. My mood swings were just awful. And anxiety over nothing. Then there were the missing periods. I could go up to 6 months without a period. My mother recommended vitex to me and it took about 4 months before I noticed a difference, but my periods came back to normal and my moods improved quite a bit. On my last appointment to see my Doctor, she put me on birth control and told me to stop taking the vitex because it wasn't aporved by the FDA. I went against my better judgement and started taking sprintec. I gained 25 pounds in 3 months. my eating habits have not changed. I know it was the pill. I feel so bloated and miserable. I stopped taking it in the middle of the pack and went right back to vitex.

I know that most of my problems are because of my eating habits and my weight. I have done so much research on this, that at the end of the day I really just have to lose weight because I'm tired of hiding because of this excess hairgrowth and not allowing my husband to kiss me on my cheek or neck.

This is a very difficult and emotional thing to deal with and I'm sorry that you all have to go through this too, but it is nice to know there is someone to relate to because none of my friends or family are familiar with this.

I'm praying for you all and please pray for me too
Hello. I've been looking around on the internet trying to find out the term for having facial hair as a woman, but mainly if the cause for the facial hair can make it difficult to concieve. I have hair under my chin (thick, black trans) and it also grows on my inner thighs, lots on the back of my legs, my upper lip a little, I have little fine hairs on my breast, the same under my navel and I grow lots of hair on my booty. I am only 21and I'm tired of it.

I sometimes use a razor for the chin hair, but to shave everything else takes forever, so I don't even but razors anymore. I use Nair Hair Removal with baby oil, put it on, 4 minutes and wash the hair right off. Your shin is as smooth as a baby's bottom. The advantage to that also is the hair stays away longer. They also have Nair facial hair remover, but the hair on my chin grows back within 3 days.

My husband doesn't grow hair on his thighs, he gets a whisker once in a blue moon, basically I can say he has a full head of beautiful hair, nose hair, and hair on his lower legs THAT'S IT. He looks at me and gets jealous which is shameful. But to veer away from that, my biggest problem is weather this can be a problem in conceiving because the hormone and testosterone levels aren't balanced?
I'm A African American female and I don't know if I have pcos but I know I struggle with a lot of excess I guess hirtuism? I'm 20 & in college & since I was 10 I had hairy legs and arms. I even had sideburns. To this day I do not wear shorts or skirts because I would have to shave everyday. My freshman year of h.s is when I started noticing bumps on my neck. I thought it was acne untill I picked it & saw a thick curly strand of hair come. Every since then I've had these marks on my neck. I'm lightskin & I have these black marks on my neck which makes it worse cause its very noticable. I can admit it has lowered my confidence because I have hair everywhere on body. Chest. Back. Stomach. Thighs. Legs. Arms. Even on bottom (butt). I've never had a boyfriend because I'm I don't feel comfortable with my body. Its so sad especially when I really like a guy & he likes me back because I know i would be very uncomfortable showing skin & I would never let it get as far as a relationship because of my insecurities.
Hi anm1626 I have also had this problem for many years I am a 38 year old Black African American female as well mine started when I was 18 and I had these couple strands of hair and when I started my first job they gonna tell me I had to cut them and my golly I must have cut those couple strand of hairs and I swear it grew back a full face I was so mad (lol). However I have not been dignosed with the diease but I am going thru the same problem it is so embrassing as a female to have all this facial hair I once asked my mother was I born a male and you got me a sex change or something lol!!!!  I was just being curious about it. I am so glad to be on here reading other people posting that is going thru the same thing I'm going thru because I thought maybe I was the only one in the world to be going thru this problem. Some times I could control the dark spots but here lately I have not been able to I guess because I'm doing more stressing about than tryna to keep it down. I'm currently in a relationship and I swear sometimes my boyfriend be embrssed of me but it just be my insecurty because he will rub my face and kiss on it but he aint got to embrassed of me cause I'm embrassed of myself sometimes and sometimes I really don't care but lately I have been burning my face up using all kinds of products on my face to get rid of the dark spots.
I'm not sure if I have PCOS but I do have facial hair on my cheeks, chin, sparsely around nipples and on lower stomach. I use small scissors to cut down my hair. I get to the base and i cut. Plucking and shaving is very bad. I was diagnosed with a cist at 19 when i found out I was pregnant..I had an abortion...big regret now. So now I'm 35 with no children. I began to see hair on face about 22. I also have mild acne. So I'm not sure if i have PCOS or not. Anyway I wanted you guys to know I recently started laser. It is the absolute best thing I could have ever did! I love it!  Be sure your going to people that know how to use the laser..the correct laser the correct setting the correct hands. I dont care if you have to get a second job sweetheart this is soooo worth it. Mine is not very expensive though...I'm in Cleve Ohio at Dr Saffold office..his is 50$ every 2weeks. I've only had 2 sessions so far and its working already. I'm so damn happy its crazy. I get so sick of pulling that mirror out and cutting that hair. Good luck ladies
Hey, I was diagnosed with PCOS a couple of years ago, but have had symptoms for about 10 yrs. I also live in Cleveland and saw that you went to a Dr. here. If possible could you give me his first name so that I can look him up? I considered laser hair removal but wasn't sure. Thanks!
Good day ladies, I was born that way (according to my dad) so I just figured it was my normal. I started to notice the chin hairs after the birth of my third child at age 33 and I waxed my chin until it seemed waxing caused more hair so I cut the hairs with scissors. I started to research laser hair removal when I moved to Dallas TX and found The National Laser Hair Removal school that offer discounted sessions ($50) if you allow students to sit in and  ($75) for private session. I am light skinned so I'm praying all goes wells I start my first session on valentines day! I havent seen a dr about it yet but I have an appt this week and I hope to get his approval to move foward. It feels good to know I'm not alone. I hope I helped someone in our quest for hairless skin. Be blessed everybody.
hi everyone i only 23 and but i been noticed this for some years i never been diagnosed for pcos but i have been on depo provera for 7 months and i noticed an increase in the hairs i always tell my mom like ma i got a lot hairs growing on my chin the lower sides of my face and now i plucked and shaved. i cant stop rubbing them because they are so rough i even told my boyfriend because i'm sick of it. i been had them but on my chin  like only three hairs. now its too many to count i don't wanna be the old lady with a beard and mustache i'm very feminine and i'm girly so i hate it an i'm young its awful especially because you don't want the hairs so you pluck and don't want the freaking spots its like i dont know what to because i don't want anymore chemicals in me i think about not taking the shot but i'm not ready for kids. i even noticed a few darker colored hairs on my shoulders. help please
Hey there everyone
I'm glad i found this forum.
I'm 25, been diagnosed with PCOS about 12 years ago and have been suffering with hirsuitism for a long time. I'm of caucasian / aboriginal descent and have struggled for a while. I hope its ok i posted here - i'll share what's helped me.
I can definitely relate to all the feelings of not feeling attractive, poor self-esteem, feeling cursed etc.
We are not alone - i feel overwhelmed about my condition when i think about it but i try not to - even though its very upsetting.
I think that any women with hirsuitism can suffer feelings of insecurity and hopelessness but hopefully you can get help!

For a few years i was on spiralactone and metformin, i stopped taking spiralactone b/c i didn't want to be taking anti-androgens, but noticed that my hair growth increased on my face after not taking it for 12 months. I started taking it this december again but now i have ingrown hairs on my neck and face and i just feel so unattractive. I currently use a St. Ives facial scrub that helps remove dead skin cells and then this epicare stick to remove the hair.

Something that's really helped me is this technique that uses threading = called epicare - https://****.com/ - however, i've ordered the same stick on ebay from china for about $1 - it really helped remove alot of the hair - I use it daily and it takes the hair out of the root. I hope that this helps you too if you have excess hair on your face and neck.

I've felt helpless for a long time, i went to a few endocrinologists and they said ï've never seen this problem before. I'm going to try and get a new endocrinologist / dermataolgist. If anyone in Canada is struggling with this problem, please let me know and we can help each other. Alternatively if you are suffering and need some support, feel free to contact me.

Hi ladies,
This is so weird for me, I am only 20 years old and I have more health problems than my mom and all my grandmothers put together. I was diagnosed with PCOS march of 2012. It took me an entire year to find a doctor to listen to me about the changes that my body was going through. I was certain that I had Pcos before I was even diagnosed. I did daily research, to figure what was going on with my body and my prognosis was right, PCOS was the cause to my ever plummeting health. PCOS has controlled my life for a very long time. I isolate my self from society because of the mental, emotional and physical tole that it has taken over me. One of my biggest problems of many is definitely the hirsutism, I'm young I'm engaged to be married but its so scary to be so low when this is the hiighest Ive ever felt in my life. I'm with a man who understands me and loves me for me and I'm so afraid that I would just bring him down with me. If anyone has any encouraging words please get back to me. Thank you
I also am a african american women with PCOS,I have just started a page on face book for black women dealing with PCOS it is helping me deal with it because for awhile it was a secret,but I see more and more women now with many symptoms,we need to all be there for each other because ofcourse when we turn on the tv all we see is flawless women and it makes us feel worse,but then I remember that nobody is perfect and the women on tv and magazines have been airbrushed or can afford things we maybe can not.I just pray and keep my head up because we still have life and that is what matters at the end of the day..GOD still loves us
What's the name of your facebook page?
Black women with PCOS,makeup tips,hair tips and Q&A.. on facebook. I also want to start a private group for women to talk without everybody in our business and that is on facebook,just request me: Dimplezz Allday
I know how you feel,I was the same way when I first found out.I did everything to remove the hair and cover the area,shave with a razor,pluck,wax,hair removal cream and it looked worse.I started getting razor bumps and etc.I want to tell you what I have been using that is sensitive enough for women.I ordered this from QVC for $19.95 it's called ForeverFree and you can go online first and read all the comments below.I also have been using Dermablend to cover the shadow,and get the setting powder it will last all day,I am medium complexion so I use green color corrector on the dark areas before my concealer and makeup(Bare Minerals),it's sounds like alot but it is not heavy I hope this has helped,and remember you are beautiful and you are lucky to have a man to love you for you and not focus on the flaws like we do,we all have something to hide and you are not alone...GOD bless
Hey,you can try Forever Free from QVC for $19.95 to shave it is more sensitve for the skin and it works great,no razor bumps or anything..I hope this helps
I use Dermablend with the setting powder it last all day,also you can use a color corrector first.I have tried Smart Cover but I like Dermablend more because they have a wide range of colors..Good luck and GOD bless
I have been using ForeverFree from QVC for $19.95 it is great,I get no razor bumps at all and it takes all the hair away,go online and check it out.I also use Dermablend for the dark areas and the setting powder is great it will last you almost a year.I am medium complexion and I have to use a green color corrector on my darker areas first,the area is more red than dark and the concealer works great,then I mix my Bare Minerals in my face lotion until it is my color and apply it all over,everything blends perfect,it is not heavy and it last all day..I will keep you posted on more tips
Tried it and it worked at first but caused many in-grown hairs that i had to stop taking it. But it did slow down the hair growth.
Hi everyone. I am 18 years old and my first period was normal and then there after it wasnt regular. sometimes months would pass and I would see no signs of periods. also my neck is several shades darker and duller than all other parts of my body. at the time I realized all of this things I didnt know what to think I thought it was because I wasnt bathing properly. I never really went to the doctor but my twin sister which was having the exact same issues was experiencing discomfort a day and ended up visiting a doctor. she was diagnosed with PCOS and since we're twins and we're having the exact same symptoms I didnt bother to see the doctor!.

This PCOS thing is really getting to me. I have dull skin and a black neck I have a low self confidence and when people point out the discoloration it gets me more irritated! Im planning to see a gynaecologist next month and hoping to get some hope!

im PRAYING!
Hello, im andi. 16 years old.i find out that i was diagnosed with PCOS. The things that bothers me alot is the feeling that i weigh more and more every week. An endless acnes keep growing in my face. Hairs at my  stomache and darker underarmss and neck. Whatshould i do to heal this? Im really determined to overcomethis. What is the most advisable medicine for me to take?? Please do give me some advicea. It will really help me alot. Thank you. I will wait for your response. May God always guide and bless you. Ow. I forgot... is metformin good for my pcos?
Wow I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only African American woman with PCOS! I am 27 years old and I was diagnosed about 2 years ago; it's been a nightmare with all this facial hair, body hair, weight gain, having a period every few momths and now having to deal with the hair on my head thinning and falling out and it has broken off extremely bad. Over the last year I have came up with different methods on how to cope with the PCOS: I take my required meds (metformin, birth control and now hair supplements) work out on a regular basis and use nair facial cream and a good concealer to cover my flaws and a wonderful boyfriend whom stills finds me attractive through it all. I currently have no kids but hoping to try for one next year. Has anyone been able to get pregnant while on metformin?
I think the only way to deal with this excessive hair thing is to die. I'll never have a relationship with a man because I'll never be able to let him get close because of the hair. I can't afford laser hair removal or electrolysis to help me. I've given up and want out. I can't live like this anymore.
i got so much support here. I also having the same problem. I am 19 this year and I have been diagnosed with PCOS since 17. It really discourages me when I found in the internet that PCOS is one of the reasons for infertility and hirsutism. I experienced hair fall when I was 17 and was so desperate (i'm so afraid I willl be bald). It finally recovered after a lot of medication and consultations. But after that, around 3-4 months, i reexperienced excessive hair fall. But finally, it gets better again. I also have lots of hair in my body, i.e. underarm, stomach, leg. I also have irregular periods. Is there any way to heal PCOS?
I read all of your threads and I relate.  While I don't have PCOS, I have hair on my face!  As a woman of color it is embarrassing.  Furthermore, the techniques I have used to get rid of the hair has caused ingrown hairs, hyper-pigmentation and scarring. To me the side effects are worse than the actual hair.  Right now I still pluck, however, I prep my skin, drink spearmint tea, moisturize well (despite the fact I have oily skin) and exfoliate daily!  

I have noticed a big change in the scarring, hyper pigmentation and hair regrowth.  For a total breakdown of products I have used and reviews, visit
http://www.mocha-makeup.com/2012/05/getting-rid-of-unwanted-facial-hair.html.  And feel free to contact me, because I have suffered greatly in my quest for hair free smooth skin.
I feel exactly the way you do about the side effects being worse. I pluck as well but I have recently noticed that it has made some of the finer hair on my chin darker than it was before. I've literally just started using hard wax (acai berry) a few days ago and I'm pleased so far. Although it can be VERY messy, it leaves my chin almost completely free of hair which dramatically reduces the amount of hairs I have to pluck.  

I have to say that finding this forum feels like a Godsend. For so long I have felt ahsamed, helpless, fed up but overall alone because I had absolutely no one to turn to for understanding or simply just to listen to me vent about my struggles with hirsutism.

I am glad to now be a part of this community and I am eager to begin regular correspondence with anyone who would like to exchange tips, tricks and other helpful information.
hello i am 27 i suffer from the same problem i started growing hair on my face at 21 bc i shaved before i shaved i had no hair on my face i notice hair on my stomach sometimes a few on my chest its so embarrasing its hard for me to have friendships c i feal they are talking about my facial hair so i with draw from people to hid my symptoms i donnt know why im so hairy but i have like 9 hair bumps under my chin and i have to weare makeup i have beautiful skin but thie makes me so insecure im goin to get laser hair removal next yr bc i cant take this anymore i just cant contine on with a happy life..i recently was diagnosed with bellspalsy idk what made this happen but i may have the same condtions as you all please respond back soon thanks Chrissy
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with these problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honeys it is so STRESSFUL and yall understand the pain (literally...pain!) I'm 21 and have been diagnosed with PCOS since age 17. It was around that time that the hirutism started kicking in. It's depressing because it gets in the way of a lot of things. I look at girls with smooth bellies and smooth legs and instantly become jealous. My stomach has a thick patch of hair leading downwards. I stopped taking my birth control for a few months and the hair spread like wildfire. I would shave and it'd grow back completely in 2 - 3 days. I get long hairs around the areola, my leg hairs are thick and so are the hairs on my thighs. I'm also getting some on my chin and chest. It's painful to know that I can't just have sex with my boyfriend whenever I want because I'm ashamed of my hairy body. Always I have to shave my entire body once a week. I've got tons of ugly dark spots from ingrown hairs and they're hideous. My boyfriend accepts me but doesn't understand or have much as much compassion as I had wished. It makes me feel ugly. He will not even kiss my tummy because its so rough, even after shaving.

So glad that I'm not alone with this embarrassing condition.
There is hope.  I am now 38 years old.  I was diagnosed with PCOS at 30, but I have had PCOS since I was 12.  I was told that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant, and it was.  But through prayer and faith, I had a beautiful baby girl at 36 years old.  I did not find out I was pregnant until I was at the END of my second trimester.  Know that difficult does not mean impossible.  My baby just turned 2 years old, last month and she is definitely my miracle baby.
I encourage you all to research Saw Palmetto and Licorice Root. They can help with the symptoms of PCOS and high testosterone levels. Testosterone turns into DHT which cause hair growth in unwanted places and hair loss on the crown of the head. Saw Palmetto helps to stop that. It can help with hormonal acne too.  The licorice root will help fertility if you want to conceive. I recently started the Saw Palmetto and my skin as improved tremendously. Please research it. PS I'm of the Jamaican decent.
I encourage you all to research Saw Palmetto and Licorice Root. They can help with the symptoms of PCOS and high testosterone levels. Testosterone turns into DHT which cause hair growth in unwanted places and hair loss on the crown of the head. Saw Palmetto helps to stop that. It can help with hormonal acne too.  The licorice root will help fertility if you want to conceive. I recently started the Saw Palmetto and my skin as improved tremendously. Please research it. PS I am of Jamaican decent
I am an African native, 29 years old. I suffer from excessive hair growth on my chin, abdomen and the worst I cant take is my breast. It has really affected me..socially psychologically as well. after my boyfriend walked out from our 5 almost 6 years relationship without explaining why, every time I look at my flat hairy breasts I tell myself "this" is the reason he couldnt stay. Its been four years now and I am too scared to be in a committed relationship, thinking that what man will ever tolerate "this".

So I live in Tanzania "where Mount Kilimanjaro is", there are no means or doctors for hirsutism,I have never heard of anyone talking about it...its as if its not there but a lot of women have it. I see women with hairy chests and chins...sometimes its beard on a woman. People bully us out here and say we bleach our skin so the hair is the outcome of the chemicals ( which I haven't) .  They have no idea how hard it is to live with this. they laugh and point fingers, that's the reason why I started to pluck which has led to ingrowing hairs and discoloration. So I rely on the internet hoping may be one day God will reveal to a person a total cure for this damaging situation. I feel really ugly and unattractive, and hopeless...thinking how I am going to have to live with this....

Roselyne (Tanzania)
Has anyone tried Maca root? It is a superfood that comes in powder or capsule form and it is whats called an "adaptogen" that adapts to your specific need in the area of your hormone production and regulates production for you. You have to take it over an extended period of time..a couple of weeks then take a few days off. I have started taking it in powder form (only a couple days ago)Its not very tasty but if it is blended (I started with a table spoon/day) with a banana, chocolate syrup and some almond milk it is tolerable.
Hi im also african american. I been dealing with irregular periods since i was 14. Got my period when in was 12. Got diagnois with pcos when i was 20. During that time i thought that it was okay for women to have irregular periods. My mom said that "your body is trying to regulate itself out". When i was 15 i went to the doctor and the doctors and nurses thought i was pregrant. Like what its okay to be pregrant for one in a half years!!!!!. Now im started to notice the hairs on my face. And my legs hair is just outrageous.
Hello.  I saw your post about the Saw Palmetto and I started taking it.  How long were you taking it before you noticed less hair?  thanks
Please consider becoming a vegan, possibly becoming a raw vegan and increasing your use of licorice and Inositol.  An excellent product to use is Chiral Balance.  I in no way work for this company but have suffered from all these symptoms since I was 15, still suffer from Hyperpigmentation but have greatly reduced many of my issues by eliminating meat from my diet, going mostly raw and taking Inositol based products.
Did it work?
Hello, I have PCOS also. I have been struggling with this since I was 18, I am 39 now. I was told I could not have children but I was on birth control just to keep the symptoms under control. Even though the doctors said I could not have children, while taking birth I conceived three children. I have a 19 years 13  years old and a 6 weeks old. I noticed that after each child my hair on my face, neck and chest increased. Sadly, I am withdrawn and afraid of people judging me because of it. I admit I pluck my hairs that grow on my chin, this has caused ugly black spots. I have tried several different products hoping to get some of my confidence back but have yet to find one that works. I can not afford laser treatments. If anyone knows of any Skin care products I am willing to try almost anything!
Thank you for sharing your story. I have suffered from PCOS for a long time not even knowing it. Did the Depovera shot help with the hair growth? Did you suffer any side effects when you used spironlactone?
Hi Coco,
My name is Nikki and I totally relate to your post.  You and I are the same age, and when I was reading it, it seemed as if I was reading about myself.  I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 and have suffered with hirsutism since I was 14.  My complexion has darkened so much over the years, and I do the very best I can with concealers and other products.  Due to health issues from this I have sought the help of an endocrinologist, who will hopefully assist in getting some things back on track for me.  I wish all of you ladies the best and will share anything that helps me.   Stay encouraged!  Coco thank you so much for sharing!
bn
yall are lucky to be honest im 23 been suffering with hirsutism for about 6 years not only do I get extra hair growth on my cheeks, lower back upper back, thighs, rear end , private area, arms, legs, chest and stomach  .. with the in grown hairs bumps take their place. I also suffer from serious acne hyperpigmentation which cover the whole of my cheeks, neck, arms, chest, stomach, thighs, bottom and legs I am a black female who has been living in shame and disgust ive never worn revealing clothing before even in hot weather I forever wear makeup to cover the scars and pigmentation, no male has seen me with my clothes of hence why im not sexually active, I only show my hands and feet willingly because people question me as to why im always covered up its encouraging to know im not alone but some of yall need to count your blessings..... sometimes I contemplate whether I wanna live or not because I just cant find  an effective treatment n most men are shallow so I prefer not to dwelve into relationships my body issues have stopped me being the person I want to be just because I cannot leave my room without makeup and if it doesn't look right I wont go out.... I have no self confidence and its ruining my life I refuse to go on antidepressants because I believe im stronger than that but ive tried everything but if it doesn't make it worst it just doesn't help... im glad sisters can come on this site and share because to be honest when your the one with the issue you believe no one else has it  and it doesn't help that my problems have caused me to still be wearing a training bra I feel so unfeminine I know its the inside that counts but I do not love myself .. ive accepted myself but I hate what I see every single day if yall have any advice that can change my life (lol ) help a sister out! thank you p.s you ladies keep your head up aint nothing more attractive than a woman who is crazy confident regardless of her flaws u got features about yourself ppl love so look in the mirror and own your sexy self!
I posted before that going vegan, especially raw vegan will be one of the best things you can do for pcos.  It is not a cure all but your symptoms will greatly improve and you can prevent this from getting worse.  

I would even experiment with fresh juices and doing juice fasting/feasting.  Once I got meat out of my diet, my acne eventually went away and when I went raw, my cycles normalised.  Yet, I've noticed that after re-introducing meat back into my diet over the past year, my cycles became irregular again.  

Exercise and weight lifting along with using Inositol, Chiral Balance, Liquorice Root and andrenal support supplements have helped immensely and I think this has helped minimise my symptoms.
I kno exactly how you feel, I'm 19 and have ben suffering with hirsutism since 13. In school I would always hide when changing for sports or sometimes miss it completely due to the far of being seeing by others. I get extremely thick hair on my stomach, bikini area, between my legs, thighs etc. I spend £60 every fortnight getting a full body wax which I can just about afford lol, it can be so distressing.

I always thought that maybe due to being half Asian this was the reason , but out of 3 sisters I'm the only one. I'm not sexually active either due to the fear or being laughed at and even stray away from males. I get a lot of attention from boys who want to go out for dinner etc but I can't  bring myself to it. I've cried buckets but I have to get over it because there's only so much I can do. Beside I suffer from a few other illnesses so I need to somehow buck up the courage.

Let's try not to stress, the horrors a female has to go through ay. Xxxx
Hello ladies this is a very interesting fourm. My x suffered from hirsutism and I had a first hand look at it, keep your spirits up..
I have suffered from this since I was 16. It really started to get bad when I was about 22. Now i'll be 30 and  I freakn hate it. I wish there was something to help us all. I have 2 chidren so th epcos didn't really effect me that way. However, this condotion is really hard to deal with when it comes to dating. I go from night to day with makeup. I don't want to be that girl that hideds behind make up. I use to have beautiful skin. Now my schin and side burn area are horrid. I will use the skin tight too see what happens but I wish there were something to do about the darkness around my chin and side burns..
Yes! Im so glad to have run across your post. I struggle with the same thing and am also a woman who loves makeup etc but it does do a number on your self esteem. I am sure to use primers and always apply ice on my face right after showering and shaving to lowet inflammation. Blessings and keep your head up.
I have been following this blog for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Aleta who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Aleta and she actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use her herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and i am grateful to God and thankful to her for medicine too. If you have (Endometriosis, PCOS, Fibroid, Ovarian cyst, Ectopic Pregnancy or any infertility issues) just reach her on (aletedwin @ gmail. com) she has professional advise and a cure too.
What causes this condition? Is it food. I have it but my mum does not