POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME (PCOS)
COMMUNITY
Anyone else with PCOS not show on pregnancy tests when pregnant?
by Marks_Peanut, Sep 04, 2012
I was diagnosed at age 12 with PCOS. I gained alot of weight as an adult. I found out that PCOS also causes insulin producing issues and can cause Type 2 Diabetes, which I got diagnosed with 2 1/2 years ago. Does anyone else with PCOS have issues with Pregnancy Tests being Negative? I am 2 months late now and have had pretty regular periods for about 8 months. I have all the classic symptoms but am showing negative. Help?
Member Comments (16)
by Lynniepooh, Sep 05, 2012
I suggest you go in for a blood test and maybe a ultrasound!

With PCOS you can have periods or like me need them to be drug induced.  Maybe the chemicals in your body have changed and you are now missing periods.  don't let it go for to long or you will end up with Hyperplasia.

Go to the doc

-Lynnie-
by Marks_Peanut, Sep 05, 2012
I have already done a blood test last week. I would have been 5 weeks. I have read cases that didn't show until week 10. In 2005 I didn't have a period for almost 5 months. I showed all the signs of pregnancy including a growing belly. I was 18 weeks when I finally miscarried. A blood Test didn't show and neither did a urine. By the time the doc sceduled my ultrasound I had already miscarried 2 weeks prior. Their hospital is who sent me home the night I came in bleeding really bad. They tried to tell me a cist burst. I know what that feels like and it wasn't it. I could feel butterfly fluttering like movement until the next morning. Then I passed it. I did not look in the toilet I felt it and heard it. I was devastated. Since it was their hospital I don't think they could say yes you miscarried without possibly accepting liability. I got my records in 2008 when I switched doctors and he said everything they saw on the ultrasound was signs of a miscarriage and they should have done a DNC. I now live in a new state and probably should give the doctors here a chance. I am just afraid I am just missing periods and don't want to be the little boy who cried wolf. Ya know what I mean?
by Marks_Peanut, Sep 18, 2012
I went for a follow up with my endocrinologist for my diabetes and he ran another blood HCG yesterday. It came back negative. I haven't had a period since first week of July. My boobs hurt bad, the last 3 weeks I have gained 7.5 lbs and I am on a diabetic diet and so there is no explanation for the weight gain. I go again Thursday so they can check all my other hormone levels. If he can't find any reason for no period he wants to start my period! he said I can wait until I go to the OBGYN since he is my endocrinologist. I have an appt with an OB on November 12th. We will see if I start my period before then. If I haven't then I am going to ask her for an ultra sound just to give me peace of mind. I hope this is all in my head and was back in 2005 so I can be normal and get pregnant and show on a test. I pray this be the case. If we are not pregnant we will be starting our fertility!!!!! So excited!!! I had to get my diabetes under control first. I was put on insulin back in May. My a1c was 10.3 and needed to be under 6.5. Yesterday it came back at 6.4!!!! My dr's first words when he walked in was, "So are we ready to get pregnant?" I told him I think I may be and that is why he is doing all the blood work :) Either way on the tests I don't think I am going to be disappointed. Either I am pregnant and they will find it out or I will get to start fertility and get pregnant :)
by Marks_Peanut, Oct 13, 2012
My computer has been down. I did start my period a few days after my last post. They said all my hormone levels were good which is unusual for me since I have PCOS so I guess that is good news when it comes to starting Fertility :) We have an appt. November 12th with an OBGYN to discuss our Fertility plan :) So excited yet nervous!!!
by Lynniepooh, Oct 14, 2012
My blood work as always come back normal too! even thou i have PCOS

I just finished my first round on clomid and we are waiting for ovulation.

this is where we are at in our fertility plan. after a d&c and a 6 mth treatment plan to get rid of the pre cancerous cells i had (worked) and another d&c we are on to baby dancing! LOL

Best of luck to you
by Marks_Peanut, Nov 01, 2012
thanks. Best of luck to you as well. Keep me posted and I will do the same :)
by Lynniepooh, Nov 01, 2012
Hello....currently 10dpo but not thinking I am knocked up
But you never know! I'm waiting a while to test because I am expecting my temp to come down the next couple days
by leanne17, May 20, 2013
im 26 and i got diagnosed with pcos earlier this year and i had medication last month to induce my period which did work now i havent 1 since then but im getting loads of pregnancy symptoms like sore breasts going to the toilet more going off food i normally like etc but i have taking a number of hpt and all came back negative been to docs to day to get them to do a urine test get results on wednesday im so frustrated my body is telling i am pregnant but tests are saying im not i have a 4yr old little girl already can some one plz give me some advise
by leanne17, May 20, 2013