Been on Metformin for almost 3 weeks -- still no weight loss!
I am 27/F. I used to be very fit, but for the past 2 years I've been gaining a lot of weight. I've gained 25lbs in the past 2 years! I'm not obese but I'm quite fat in the stomach area.....

I've been diagnosed with PCOS a month ago, and my gyno put me on Metformin 1500mg a day. I've always had diarrhea even before Metformin, and since I started the medication, my diarrhea has gotten quite frequent. I poop like 6 times a day, all came out as diarrhea. I don't really mind the diarrhea to be honest.

I think maybe 2 mornings a week I would feel really really sick in the morning. But most of the time it's just diarrhea.

I have to ask, I have not lost any weight AT ALL since I started metformin....... I haven't really changed my diet or exercise routines since I started the medication. But logically, if metformin helps to regulate my insulin resistance and my hormones, with everything else staying the same, shouldn't I still lose weight??

I am not trying to get pregnant but i would like to have babies in the future, just not at the moment. The main concern for me is my weight.  I am 5'2, 120lbs.... when I was 24, I used to weight 92lbs, super fit and confident. Now I feel very fat and depressed and self conscious.

How long does it take for metformin to start helping me shed some weight? It's been almost 3 weeks and I think the dosage I'm taking is quite high already. I'm very very desperate......  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah i'd like to know more too. I just started myself.