Bloating?
I am 32 and I have PCOS. Earlier this year, I was having very uncomfortable abdominal bloating and swelling. My clothes were not fitting at the waist and I was noticing this getting worse on a rapid basis (I could not even button the waist of pants that fit fine a week prior).

I went to my dr., who put me on Metformin, which stopped my period completely. She prescribed a low-dose birth control pill. She did not address the reason for the bloating and suggested I see a gastro... However, after taking these medications, the bloating went away and I thought nothing more of it.

Two weeks ago, I stopped these medications as my husband and I have decided we are ready to try to start a family. As of two days ago, I am now feeling awful again. My stomach feels as if there is pressure on it and it feels swollen and very uncomfortable. Is this something that could be related to my PCOS? I have not altered my diet (and no I am not pregnant). I can't pinpoint the cause but I know my body enough to know that something is not right.

I also want to get my PCOS under control but I also don't want to have to be on birth control right now. What are some other options?