Bloody Vaginal Discharge, Yeast Infection
I'm 23 years old, I've recently been diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, I do not have regular periods (One every 8 or 9 months, sometimes a year).  My boyfriend has a rare auto Immune disease that requires him to take an immune suppressant.  I have recently had a period, and subsequently a yeast infection that I took care of with monistat treatments, however, a couple of days after intercourse he noticed a rash and some red bumps around the tip of his penis, and on his scrotum.  I did some googling and discovered that men with lowered immune symptoms are susceptible to physical signs of yeast infection so I stopped worrying and we are both clear of yeast,

About 2 weeks ago, i noticed that when I urinated, there were traces of pink in my otherwise normal vaginal discharge.  It's gotten worse,  especially after intercourse I have bloody discharge.  We haven't had sex in 2 days, and this morning I had an abundance of bloody discharge.  It fluctuates from being totally clear to traces of pink, to being almost a dark magenta color.   I know this is a cause for concern because it's never happened before. Does anyone have any answers?  I'm freaking out a little.

Thanks,
Corie
I had that same type of discharge before i knew i had PCOS. Are you taking anything for your PCOS? I take Metformin and Yasmin birth control  pills. Both will help with the discharge and over time the Metformin can help to normalize your cycle. Are you of normal or over weight? I only ask this because when your overweight and you lose about 10% of your current body weight, the symptoms of PCOS dramically go lower. I lost about 60 lbs, stopped taking my BC and had 6 normal periods pill free. I stared back on the pill in Jan 2010 because over 3 months I gained 13lbs, and caused a delay to my period. I'm hoping to get back into the weight loss swing and continue pill free.
Thanks for your response!  I'm 5'3, and 150 pounds.  I've recently lost about 20 pounds.  I'm not currently taking anything for the PCOS, just trying to eat better, and exercise. MY main concern is the abnormal bleeding because I've read that can be a sign of cervical cancer.  All of the paps i've had in the past have come out normal, and I don't have HPV, so I don't know.  Just a little confused!
If your pap smears are normal then there isn't a concern. However, are you sure you don't have any cysts? That would cause abnormal bleeding.