Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
CAN WEIGHT GAIN CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIODS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CAN WEIGHT GAIN CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIODS

I AM A 28 YR OLD MOTHER OF THREE. SINCE I WAS 14 I HAVE HAVE FUNNY PERIODS . AT 16 I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN AND AT 18 I WAS HAVING MY FIRST CHILD  TWO YEARS LATER MY SECOND. I HAD AN IUD PLACED IN AFTER THE SECOND CHILD WHICH HAD TO BE REMOVED FOR A INFECTION. NOW 8 YEARS LATER I MAY HAVE 2 PERIODS A YEAR MAYBE 1 EVERY 3 YEARS JUST DEPENDS. I HAVE VERY HEAVY BLEEDING FOR A WEEK AND PAIN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD 2 THINGS ONE OBGYN STATED " YOU ARE NOT HAVING A PERIOD BECAUSE YOU ARE FAT" I GAINED 10 LBS WITH MY PERGANCYS AND BEFORE I GOT PREGANT I WEIGHED 130 LBS. WENT TO 230 DUE TO TOXIMINA. NOW I CANT LOSE IT. I HAVE NOT GAINED OR LOST A LB IN 8 YRS. BUT NOW I AM HAVING MAJOR CRAMPS AND WHEN I WENT TO THE DR THE KEEP DOING BYOPISYS AND SAYING ITS FINE THERE ARE JUST CYSTICS IN MY RIGHT OVERY THAT IS CAUSING THE PAIN. I GO HALF WAY THREW A CYCLE JSUT DONT RELAEASE AND ITS STARTING TO BUILD UP. WHAT CAN I DO? THEY HAVE GIVEN ME MEDS TO MAKE ME START MY PERIOD WHICH DID NOT WORK. I AM MESERIABLE AND KNOW THAT ALL THIS BUILDUP IS CAUSING MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS... ANYBODY HAVE ANY FIX IT IDEAS??