Aa
A
A
Close
CAN WEIGHT GAIN CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIODS
I AM A 28 YR OLD MOTHER OF THREE. SINCE I WAS 14 I HAVE HAVE FUNNY PERIODS . AT 16 I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN AND AT 18 I WAS HAVING MY FIRST CHILD  TWO YEARS LATER MY SECOND. I HAD AN IUD PLACED IN AFTER THE SECOND CHILD WHICH HAD TO BE REMOVED FOR A INFECTION. NOW 8 YEARS LATER I MAY HAVE 2 PERIODS A YEAR MAYBE 1 EVERY 3 YEARS JUST DEPENDS. I HAVE VERY HEAVY BLEEDING FOR A WEEK AND PAIN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD 2 THINGS ONE OBGYN STATED " YOU ARE NOT HAVING A PERIOD BECAUSE YOU ARE FAT" I GAINED 10 LBS WITH MY PERGANCYS AND BEFORE I GOT PREGANT I WEIGHED 130 LBS. WENT TO 230 DUE TO TOXIMINA. NOW I CANT LOSE IT. I HAVE NOT GAINED OR LOST A LB IN 8 YRS. BUT NOW I AM HAVING MAJOR CRAMPS AND WHEN I WENT TO THE DR THE KEEP DOING BYOPISYS AND SAYING ITS FINE THERE ARE JUST CYSTICS IN MY RIGHT OVERY THAT IS CAUSING THE PAIN. I GO HALF WAY THREW A CYCLE JSUT DONT RELAEASE AND ITS STARTING TO BUILD UP. WHAT CAN I DO? THEY HAVE GIVEN ME MEDS TO MAKE ME START MY PERIOD WHICH DID NOT WORK. I AM MESERIABLE AND KNOW THAT ALL THIS BUILDUP IS CAUSING MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS... ANYBODY HAVE ANY FIX IT IDEAS??
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey Hun,

Do they think your have PCOS? Have the done any bloodwork to check your hormone levels at all? I know that weight gain can affect your menstrual cycle but I don't know if thats the case.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
594189 tn?1386920207
I was told the same thing. I went to another doctor why said its pcos.

I weigh 355 pounds now did weigh almost 400. So I would suggest you see another doctor.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
YEAH THEY HAVE CHECKED ALL MY LEVELS AND THEY ARE GREAT. I DID GO TO ANOTHER DR AND HE IS THE ONE WHO PUT ME ON ALL THE MEDS TO MAKE ME START WHICH DID NOT. I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ALSO SO THEY CANT PUT ME ON THE B. CONTROL PILLS TO REGULATE BUT I AM AT THE I DONT CARE POINT THESE DAYS. I MEAN MOST WOMEN WOULD LOVE IT NOT TO HAVE A PERIOD BUT I GUESS I JUST WOULD REATHER CAUSE THE BUILD UPS KILL ME.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
That s u c ks! I'm sorry I wish there was an answer I could give you. =(
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources