CAN WEIGHT GAIN CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIODS
I AM A 28 YR OLD MOTHER OF THREE. SINCE I WAS 14 I HAVE HAVE FUNNY PERIODS . AT 16 I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN AND AT 18 I WAS HAVING MY FIRST CHILD  TWO YEARS LATER MY SECOND. I HAD AN IUD PLACED IN AFTER THE SECOND CHILD WHICH HAD TO BE REMOVED FOR A INFECTION. NOW 8 YEARS LATER I MAY HAVE 2 PERIODS A YEAR MAYBE 1 EVERY 3 YEARS JUST DEPENDS. I HAVE VERY HEAVY BLEEDING FOR A WEEK AND PAIN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD 2 THINGS ONE OBGYN STATED " YOU ARE NOT HAVING A PERIOD BECAUSE YOU ARE FAT" I GAINED 10 LBS WITH MY PERGANCYS AND BEFORE I GOT PREGANT I WEIGHED 130 LBS. WENT TO 230 DUE TO TOXIMINA. NOW I CANT LOSE IT. I HAVE NOT GAINED OR LOST A LB IN 8 YRS. BUT NOW I AM HAVING MAJOR CRAMPS AND WHEN I WENT TO THE DR THE KEEP DOING BYOPISYS AND SAYING ITS FINE THERE ARE JUST CYSTICS IN MY RIGHT OVERY THAT IS CAUSING THE PAIN. I GO HALF WAY THREW A CYCLE JSUT DONT RELAEASE AND ITS STARTING TO BUILD UP. WHAT CAN I DO? THEY HAVE GIVEN ME MEDS TO MAKE ME START MY PERIOD WHICH DID NOT WORK. I AM MESERIABLE AND KNOW THAT ALL THIS BUILDUP IS CAUSING MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS... ANYBODY HAVE ANY FIX IT IDEAS??
Hey Hun,

Do they think your have PCOS? Have the done any bloodwork to check your hormone levels at all? I know that weight gain can affect your menstrual cycle but I don't know if thats the case.
I was told the same thing. I went to another doctor why said its pcos.

I weigh 355 pounds now did weigh almost 400. So I would suggest you see another doctor.
YEAH THEY HAVE CHECKED ALL MY LEVELS AND THEY ARE GREAT. I DID GO TO ANOTHER DR AND HE IS THE ONE WHO PUT ME ON ALL THE MEDS TO MAKE ME START WHICH DID NOT. I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ALSO SO THEY CANT PUT ME ON THE B. CONTROL PILLS TO REGULATE BUT I AM AT THE I DONT CARE POINT THESE DAYS. I MEAN MOST WOMEN WOULD LOVE IT NOT TO HAVE A PERIOD BUT I GUESS I JUST WOULD REATHER CAUSE THE BUILD UPS KILL ME.
That s u c ks! I'm sorry I wish there was an answer I could give you. =(