Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Can Anyone Recommend a PCOS Specialist in Northern NJ / NYC?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Hello Ladies,

I have been suffering from the symptoms of PCOS for 4yrs now and I have seen countless Doctors (OBGYN's, Endocrinologist, and Reproductive Endocrinologists) and we can't seem to get on the same track.

I am 26yrs old and I haven't had a menstrual cycle in over 3yrs now. I have been put on birth control + Metformin + HCG regimens, but no change!

I have tumors and cysts on my ovaries and uterus. I have had 3 D&C procedures to remove tumors / cysts that were bleeding. I don't feel this is healthy, My Fiance and I are trying to have a baby and I feel that the D&C's have or could cause scaring, making it EVEN more difficult to conceive.

I need to see a Dr who understands PCOS and doesn't just want to remove my Uterus and Ovaries, instead of finding the cause and working at it.

I have gained 50lbs since 2007. and I am an healthy eater and exercise throughout the week. I have noticed hair loss on my head and hair growth throughout my body. Acne on my face, back, and chest. I have developed Sleep Apnea due to weight gain and I have constant heart burn. Someone please help me find a decent Dr who can help me get my life back!

Any Suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated! and to all of my fellow CYSTERS... Be Strong and Never Give Up...You are worth it!

I Live in Warren, NJ (northern NJ) and Work in New York City, NY.
If you know of any specialists in these areas (and I am willing to drive to surrounding areas) please share contact info! THANK YOU LADIES!
Hi. I have PCOS as well. Sounds like you have seriously been through it. When my husband and I were trying to conceive I saw Reproductive Endocronoligst, Dr. John J Stangel. He and his staff were absolutely amazing. They were able to help us so much and so quickly. I spoke often with the other patients in his office on one of my many visits and they all seemed very pleased with him. Most in for their 2nd and 3rd child attempt. I realize he might be a bit out of your way, but I though I'd suggest it anyway. He also has a website. www.drstangel.com
Hi! I would be interested to know if you have found a physician. I just moved to the area and am looking for a doctor who is well-versed in PCOS. Let me know if you have the chance!

Laura