Can PCOS come and go??
When i was about 13, my doctor told me i could not have children, and that i had pcos. when i was 18 i lost tons of weight all of a sudden. at 22 i had a beautiful healthy baby boy. i was told i no longer had pcos. Is that possible? and now at age 25 i cant seem to lose any weight (no matter how hard i exercise and how well i eat heathy) i am actually gaining weight. i have really bad facial hair, my periods are irregular. and in june 2012 i had a miscarrige. i am wondering... can your pcos come and go? should i go get retested by the doctor? has anyone else had these problems
HI,
PCOS is a hormonal problem that can be kept in check by keeping the hormone levels under control. And the biggest help for this is provided by weight loss. Fat or adipose tissue is the site for hormonal disruption and weight gain can again precipitate the problems related to PCOS. Hence as all your symptoms are suggestive of PCOS, you should consult your gynaecologist for an evaluation. Weight loss and treatment will help.
Take care and good luck.