Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Coming off contraceptive pill for ultrasound?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coming off contraceptive pill for ultrasound?

Hi I've been undergoing tests for pcos, I have symptoms and high androgen levels in my blood tests and I have also had a scan which showed my ovaries are enlarged and cystic, problem is I am on the mini pill and my doctor didn't once mention coming off it, in fact she prescribed me them 3 months ago knowing I was going through this process, this morning I was finally referred to a gyno and I have got to wait for an appointment. Has anybody else heard this about the pill? Or been in a similar situation? I am so worried and I would really like to know If I have it or not
Sophie x
HI,
PCOS is characterised by multiple cysts in the ovaries and high androgen levels. Mini pill is a pill that contains only the hormone progesterone. For PCOS combined pills containing both estrogens and progesterone will be a better option. Discuss with your gynaecologist.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank