Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Depo and pcos
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Depo and pcos

Hi I have PCOS and I have to take birth control in order to have a period at all and i cant remember the pill so my doctor put me on the shot... I am on my second shot...On my first I bled for 7 weeks straight.... Now on my second shot I have bled about 8 and a half weeks but its very light and it stopped for three days but now im passing a lot of blood clots with very little to almost no regular flow....this has been going on for three days... is this normal??
HI,
Such kind of bleeding is not normal. This can be the side effect of depo shots. But you should also rule out local causes like cervical erosion, polyps etc. Consult a gynaecologist for an examination.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank