Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
HELP? ??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HELP? ??

May 20th All the way until now i been bleeding so i went to the emergency room and they gave me a prescription for pills called norgestimate  they said its birth control pills its suppose to get my cycle back how it use to be but i want to know when it a good time to start taking it and a good time to stop because i want to get pregnant  ?
Talk to a pharmacist about how to take it properly (the consultation is free, and they either know how to do it right or can look up how to do it right).  Norgestimate is a synthetic form of progestin found in some types of birth control pills, but that particular one is only in combined oral contraceptive pills (it comes with ethinyl estradiol, which is synthetic estrogen).  For convenience, most people start on the first Sunday after their period starts.  Since you've been bleeding, you can start Sunday or whenever you like, and most pills have little stickers to make the days of the week labeled on the pack accurate if you're not doing a Sunday start.  If you have the info book, read it, but be sure to talk to the pharmacist as well.  And it's always important to take birth control pills at the same time every day to make sure they work properly.

As far as having babies, you should first make sure that there's nothing wrong with your reproductive system that was causing this bleeding, but as long as that's ok, you just stop taking your pills, preferably at the end of a pack.  Once you stop, you can get pregnant again.  There's sometimes a decrease for a month or two in fertility after stopping birth control, but there's no difference six months after stopping compared to people who weren't on them.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...