Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Have PCOS, Have Pregnancy Symptoms, Negative Test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Okay, here's the deal. I started having the "montly visit" when I was 11. For 2 years, it was irregular and when I was 13, it just STOPPED all together. I had no period for about 3 years when a doctor FINALLY diagnosed me with PCOS at the age of 16, and did a "vaginal probe" (I hate the sound of that word, haha) and found "hundreds of little cysts" on my ovaries.

Well, I was then put on Yasmin and Glucophage. I told them I didn't need the Yasmin as I wasn't sexually active, but they told me to stay on it as it would help me stay regular. Well, I was on Yasmin for 4 years, until I got married. I stayed on the Glucophage, but have recently switched to the generic: Metphormin. I'm 25 now and I have been off the birth control for 5 years now and have yet to get pregnant. Haven't really been trying until about a year ago.

I had a miscarriage when I was 19 and had forgot to take my pill and the doctor told me then that I might have just screwed up my chances of ever getting the opportunity to become a Mom because with my PCOS I may never get pregnant again.

Well I have a regular period, it's about 29 day cycle. My last period was on Feb 17, 2010. It was a solid period for about 24 hours, then I did nothing but spot for the next 36-40 hours. I have had no period since. I am also showing sypmtoms of being pregnant. I thought I was about to start my period, and that I have just been late (It's expected when you have PCOS to be late), but that was almost 2 weeks ago. For almost the last two weeks, I have had cramps in my stomach and lower back, bloated tummy, nausea (no vomiting), heartburn, burping (even kind of "throw up" in my mouth when I burp -- disgusting lol), dizziness, headaches, vision blurriness, peeing about every half hour, constipation, cravings, hightened sense of smell, and extreme fatigue. I told my husband that the only thing I haven't shown is changes in my boobs (which I get the tenderness when I'm on my period so I'd expect to have atleast that if I'm pregnant), and a positive pregnancy test. I have no tenderness, swelling, leaking, or changing of diameter/color of my areolas. I have taken 3 tests in the course of 2 weeks. The first was an EPT digital test when I first started showing symptoms. The second was a First Response digital about a week ago and the ClearBlue Digital this morning. All tests came back negative. I'm still feeling these symptoms and don't know what could be wrong.

I haven't gone to the doctor yet becuase my work schedule for the next 3 weeks is really rough. I'm working 50+ hours a week and work atleast an hour from my home...so I'm gone from my house atleast 12 and a half hours a day. Only take a 30 minute lunch, so I never have time to go to the doctor. I am planning on going if I ever get the chance as soon as possible.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong? I know I wrote a book here, but I want someone to have all the facts so that they can help me.
I had that same issue after not having my period and it came like the flood gates from hell.  I haven't had back pain like that ever. My boobs are never sore and they were extremely sensitive.   I went from Dec 28 through Feb 14 (happy V day to me) and got it and was in a lot of pain the entire weekend.  I took a pregnancy test and got my period the next day.  
I hope that doesn't happen to me. With PCOS, I've had that happen before. When I went 3 years without a period....I started taking glucophage and yasmin...about a month later, I finally got my period...it lasted for a whole flippin month! It was painful and I never want to go through that again! But, with my periods being regular for the last year atleast, I don't see how that could happen. I take my Metformin everyday, twice a day...I hope that doesn't happen. I would much rather be pregnant.
Well, I took a HPT and OPK last night. Seems I am ovulating, but still not pregnant. I'm just happy to know I'm ovulating since I didn't have a period the whole month of March and end of February. Well...we are just going to try to keep trying and I have this stuff from GNC "Fertility blend" for women and it contains Vitex. I'm going to start taking it tomorrow. (Woke up running late this morning and didn't even have time to think about it). Seems the pregnancy symptoms I've been experiencing have just been ovulation pains...I didn't realize that Ovulation pains could feel like pregnancy, though. What do you think? Could I still be pregnant after 4 Negative HPTs? Or was this just ovulation symptoms? HELP

I would like some feedback, please.
oh boy,i can relate to your story.i have had polycystic ovaries on the left side only for about a year n a half.i was placed on all types of bcp which some worked others not so good,i stop takin them because i was trying to concive.i had peroid in oct n nov of o9,still none for the new year, none up untill the ending of march to be exact mar 31st,i visited a doc number of times before cause i was having lots of preg signs he conducted on 3 differ occa 3 preg test but said everything was fine but.i was concern cause i was having some really sharp pains in my uterus which lasted for a few seconds for about a month or so,for the first few days i noticed when i used the washroom when i wipe i saw slight blood.and a few days after i got storming pains,the a really heavy peroid with lots of cloting since then it hasn't stopped or gotten less.so you are not alone.so i guess we are seeking all the advice we can get,i really want to concive.