Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Have some questions about possible PCOS?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Have some questions about possible PCOS?

Went to the doctor about bad skin, irregular periods, and pain (which turned out to come from my ovaries) and had a scan which concluded that I do have cysts on both ovaries. However my blood test came back normal. I haven't yet seen a doctor about this but I wonder if this means that I don't have PCOS? And if I don't why then would I have cysts?  

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
Functional cysts of the ovaries are common during the reproductive years and are not of much significance. A normal blood test does not rule out PCOS.  PCOS or polycystic ovary is a symptom complex that includes scanty & irregular menstruation, excessive weight gain & skin changes, excessive hair & infertility. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.
Blank
4959737_tn?1361582877
Even though your lab blood tests came back normal, your symptoms are quite similar to those experienced with PCOS. I have the condition and had experienced mainly irregular periods and depression. Acne, pain originating in the ovaries, and especially the cysts are tell-tale signs. As doc said above, check in with a gyencologist. Best of luck hun! ♡
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
Usually if your pains are that bad it could be Endometriosis. You can read my journal and profile or you can look up the symptoms to see if they match yours. There are over 500 million women with this disease and it sometimes takes 8 yrs on average to be diagnosed. It took 17 yrs for me.

Is the pain coming from your ovaries or your uterus as well?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank