How Long Does Metformin take?
Okay, I've been taking metformin for about four months now.  When will it start regulating my periods?  Some of my other symptoms are getting better and I don't want to up the dose because it still makes me a bit nauseous occasionally.

Not having sex, husband is deployed in the army.  Pregnancy is not in any way responsible for the irregular periods.
Metformin can take up to a year to regulate your periods. And if you were pregnant, you would not be having a period at all (except for abnormal bleeding). Have you lost any weight with being on metformin?
I am currently taking metformin 500mg extended release 2 at a time which is a little bit easier on the stomach. And have been taking them since May 20th and I use to have to take provera to start my cycle and this month like clock work my cycle started on its own on day 30.This is the forst time this has happended in over a year before my cycles would be like every 3 to 4 months . I have also read that it usually takes 3 to 6 months to regulate a cycle with metformin .
Good Luck
Jenny
It also depends how well your body adjusts to the pills. I really couldn't say if my cycles are normal, as I am on birth control. But I saw my doctor almost 2 weeks ago and advised him on some symptoms I was having 2 weeks after my period and he sais it was my hormones regulating. So therefore I might have a normal cycle, but I wont know anything until next year (next appointment is Jan 2010).

Good luck.
I have been taking metformin since january 2009. So it's been about 6 months for me.  I stopped taking my bc a couple months ago and my periods come EVERY 28 days.  I do in for my next check up and ultra sound on the 17th.  My husband and I are ttc so I am praying that everything is going smoothly now.  It's been a rough ride! Anyone in here ttc and having luck on metformin?
Do you know if you are ovulating? Its good your cycles seem regular for you. If your not ovulating you may need to take Metformin and Clomid or Fermera. I haven't read too much about just conceiving on metformin (unless your ovulating correctly).
I will find out at my next doctor appointment on the 17th. I do not know just yet if I am ovulating.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!!