Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
How long does it take for Progesterone pills to work?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long does it take for Progesterone pills to work?

I have had PCOS for many years but just recently have been diagnoised.  I have had odd cycles my whole life.  Many lasting up to 40 days.  I am now starting to have problems with having no period at all which my doctor says is not good.  I recently saw my doctor because I had not had a period since April.  At this time he perscribed Medroxyprogestrone for me to take the last 10 days of each month.  He said this would help me get my cycle regularly.  I just finished the first 10 day cycle this past Tuesday and was wondering how long it should take to get a period after this.  Thank you for your time.

Janelle
Related Discussions
  • gyno
    Im 25 yrs old and have been married for 4 months. Me and...[more]
  • why not (1 replies):
    I was 7 weeks pregnant in March and Misscarried in March...[more]
  • Ovulation. (1 replies):
    My period usually starts at the begining of the month ar...[more]
  • Coming off the pill (2 replies):
    Hi everyone, I came off the pill just over 4 months ago...[more]
  • irrigular period (2 replies):
    am 30 years old . I have an irrigular period . It's 45 t...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
575256_tn?1242590031
Normally if you just finished the progesterone, it could take up to a week for your cycle to kick in, it will not be immediate. I thought the same thing when they did that with me, as I have always had irregular cycles & PCOS. Just be patient, it will kick in. If you finished Tuesday, you may start this weekend or early next week. Best wishes !
Blank
316002_tn?1246556737
it took a while to figure out exactly how many pills the doctor needed to give me...finally we found that 12 days of progestrone and my period would start the next day..if I took just 10 pills it would take 2 weeks to get here..so the doctor said that we have found my perfect dose.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...