How long does it take for Progesterone pills to work?
I have had PCOS for many years but just recently have been diagnoised.  I have had odd cycles my whole life.  Many lasting up to 40 days.  I am now starting to have problems with having no period at all which my doctor says is not good.  I recently saw my doctor because I had not had a period since April.  At this time he perscribed Medroxyprogestrone for me to take the last 10 days of each month.  He said this would help me get my cycle regularly.  I just finished the first 10 day cycle this past Tuesday and was wondering how long it should take to get a period after this.  Thank you for your time.

Janelle
Normally if you just finished the progesterone, it could take up to a week for your cycle to kick in, it will not be immediate. I thought the same thing when they did that with me, as I have always had irregular cycles & PCOS. Just be patient, it will kick in. If you finished Tuesday, you may start this weekend or early next week. Best wishes !
it took a while to figure out exactly how many pills the doctor needed to give me...finally we found that 12 days of progestrone and my period would start the next day..if I took just 10 pills it would take 2 weeks to get here..so the doctor said that we have found my perfect dose.