IRREGULAR PERIODS
Recently i was on TB medications and i completed by 6mth as at Feb end this year.
I use to have irregular periods prior to this problem. However since Feb till now , i only had one day of spotting and after that no more. I m 24yrs old and i m quite worried. I m not pregnant but would like to know how to overcome this problem. pls assist.
HI,
Tuberculosis especially of the genital tract can cause menstrual abnormalities. For absence of menses and scanty menses, you need to take care of your general health, correct anaemia if any, take multivitamin tablets and see your Doctor. There can be thinning of the lining of the uterus and a consultation with a gynaecologist will help.
Take care and good luck.
Thank you so much for the reply. I had pulmonary TB which started on my lymph node near my neck.

Not on the genital tract. So do you think this could be a result of the strong antibiotics or any other pb.

Tks to advise