If not PCOS, then what???
Recently, I went to the OBGYN because I seemed to have all the classic signs of PCOS-- abnormal facial hair growth (I actually have cheek hair), weight gain, and terrible acne. As soon as she saw me, she noticed the acne, heard my complaints and said, "Oh, yes, no doubt-- you probably have PCOS; don't worry, we'll figure out what's going on." I got examed (utrasound and everything) and the next thing you know she's casually dismissing everything and saying, "Oh, everything turned out normal; you're probably just hairy."

I couldn't believe she said that. Since I hit puberty, I have always had a mild mustache problem, but we're talking very mild. But about 10 years ago, the facial hair exploded to the point where I now have thick hairs growing all over the sides of my face, tons of chin hairs, and underlip hair. I have to shave every day now because it's so bad. My acne used to only sprout during PMS but now it's become 24/7 and has flared up on my chest and back. The acne is so bad now that scraping my chest and back turns up tons of pimples.

I am going to give my doctor the benefit of the doubt that the tests turned up "nothing." By the same token, I'm a 38 year old who's now developing more facial hair and acne now than when 10 years ago. So if I don't have PCOS then what?