Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Irregular Periods and Brown Blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Irregular Periods and Brown Blood

I have always had irregular periods, due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and in the last 6 months i have gotten periods every month. The most in a single year since i started getting them. But they are still not normal. I have not been on any pills for over a year. The first few months my periods were brown, which i figured would happen since it was being cleared out. But now its starting to be one day red blood the next day brown then back to red. To top it off I'm spotting in between and that is even the same way.
I don't understand why all of a sudden I'm getting my period every month and  why after 6 months I'm still getting getting brown for sometimes the whole period.
If anyone could help me understand a little bit of this i would appreciate it.