Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Irregular Periods with spotting after pap smear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Hey
I am 28 yrs old and i m planning for baby also I have Polycystic Overies...So i am taking Metformin 500mg.... from last 7-8 months after this medication my periods was regular... i was in India before... but now i am shifted to Boston(US).. after coming here from last 2-3 months my periods was regular and my last period date was 23rd august but last month 13th sept i went to the gynec just for regular check up because i am planning for baby from last 14 months but i m not conciving...there dr. did my pap smear test (first time in my life) ... and from 14th sept i started spotting and after 2 days i started bleeding till 21st sept... i asked my dr abut this she said this is normal also my pap test report is normal... then everthing was ok but from last 29th sep i am bleeding actually first four to five days i was spotting and then bleeding start but it is not like regular bleeding because i always have havy bleeding with pain in my stomach.. but this time i am not feeling any pain and bleeding is also very normal... today is my 10th day and i m bleeding it is not like whole day i bleed but it is like 2 or 3 time i bleed in a day and this bledding is not like spotting... and it was brown in color but now it is red in color with clotting and i have checked my pregnancy twice and i m not pregnant... i have talked to my dr also abut this but she said it may be 'coz of deffernt reason and if it will not stop in 4-5 days more than she will do my endometrial biopsy... and i am very scared of all this thing... plz suggest me what should i do and is this normal after pap smear...i am very tensed.. plz reply me ASAP....