Irregular periods
I'm 25 and was dx with PCOS 11 years ago. My periods are highly irregular on their own and up until 2 years ago was on birth control pills to regulate my cycle.  I'm currently unemployed and uninsured. Lately my periods have been so irregular that I can go months without a period (no I wasn't pregnant) and then I can also bleed for what feels like forever. I currently have been bleeding since June 1 of this year. I know that you ladies will probably tell me that I need to go to the doctor about it, but I can't afford to go to a doctor or buy meds, because I don't have insurance or a job. I know that if I go back on birth control pills my periods will become more regular. Does anyone have any suggestions on options for free or low-cost access to birth control pills?
You cannot just start yourself on a birth control without being cared for by a doctor. Just because you were on them before and everything was fine, you do not know how your body will react to them now. There are clinics out there that can help and I'm pretty sure there are health plans for those that are not employed. I suggest for you to go to a clinic, and explain your situation.
I went through the same thing before I had insurance. My pcos coused me to get my period for almost two months. It most likely will stop on its own like mine did. But I went to see a dr to. I went to a place called plan parenthood. They wont turn you down you should look for one in your area. Its free and the state pays for it. Good luck!
Go to your nearest planned parenthood clinic.  You can probably get very low cost GYN help, and birth control.  Also, you can find different OBGyn offices that will give you HUGE discounts if you just tell them that you have no insurance.  Just make a few calls to your local offices, and hopefully you'll have luck!
Girl get to your local health department it is free. I was like you only had a period every 3 to 6 months now ive been on mine for almost a yr. It is not worth it get to the clinic. IT *****
by the way I don't know why it **** my word out it wasnt a bad word:)atleast i dont think so.Ofcourse, like I said I have been on my period since last sept so maybe it has impaired my judgement:)
The happened to me, but I went to the doc after bleeding for 3 weeks. I have been having my period every 45-60 days apart. I too have PCOs, was DX 7 years ago. I am TTC so I am not on birthcontrol. But back to the bleeding...when I went to my docs she said this happens to women with PCOS, where the lining it just sheeding. She put me on Provera for 4 weeks.... Take three tables everday for 7 days, then 2 every day for 7 days, then 1 every day for 14 days. It completely "empty" you out. :). I would strongly recommend you to see a doc at a health clinic or plan- parenthood. You can google both free clinics  on the internet. PLEASE PLEASE see a doc. I bled out so much, now I am up to 2000 mg of iron a day. Not fun.