Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Is it possible to have PCOS and Endometriosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

So I already know that I have PCOS, but my mom and grandma both had severe endo! I have researched both conditions, but PCOS never talks about chronic pain before,during and after menstruating, and pain during and after intercourse. My bowels are very messed up and I get really bad pain in my rectum. That is where my mom had a lot of it. I have no idea. None of my docs will do laparascopy. I have only had one U/S and a very long sharp vaginal probe, I forget what that is called. My blood clots are gigantic and never ending. I need some input from you intelligent ladies!!! I have been on the pill for 8 days now and can feel my cysts filling and popping! So much relief afterwards though.

Bethany
Boy it sure sounds like what I had when my endo was really bad.  I don't know much about the other condition though.
Perhaps you could give your dr a call and let her know what you are going through each day.  Keep a journal of every symptom and then go over it with her.  I know it can get crazy and you forget once you are in the office.  I really hope you get some relief soon, you have been in pain for too long.  Godbless
~Tascha
I only have about 5 or less and they last anywhere from 1-3 mo at a time w/ out treatment, during that time I usually lose so much blood I have to go to the ER and get an IV and 2 pain shots to even remotely help the pain. I have a ton of extra manly body hair, mustache, hair on cheeks, sideburns, and a thick happy trail.:( Before I went in for that U/S a year ago I thought it was endo so did my mom. When I got my results back, they were sent to me and right on the paper my doc said "You have PCOS unlike endometriosis like you thought" No kidding! That was a big slap in the face. He also gave me a packet of info. I gained 80 lbs and it has been hell ever since. So during the year since I was diagnosed no other docs have questioned it. I am making sure though that is why I asked the question. I am just waiting for results. I have about six days. She tested my thyroid,2 diff pcos hormones, diabetes, male hormone, woman hormone and I think that is it. So when I get my results I will know and keep everyone posted. I too doubt that it is namely PCOS, I have always thought it was severe endo.
What are you trying to say? I just have so much on my mind. Could it possibly be both? I have no idea!

Bethany
Right now I'm going back to a specialist to see I have endo again. In 2001 I had a lap for severe endo. It was between Uterus and bladder. I had severe pain when using the bathroom. I told my doctors it was like I was being ripped open. It was a tearing pain. And I had huge blood clots. The icing on the cake was I couldn't walk I was in so much pain while the circus is in town (as my DH says).

Yeah the pain in my rectum hurts so bad sometimes I can't walk. Good luck with the specialist. I hope and pray they don't find any more endo. So you had sugery in 01? And now the pain is recurring after about 5 years? You poor gal!!! I hope you are having a couple of good days among all the horrible. Your DH is hilarious!! haha

Bethany :)
Hmmm, I have never researched this one - a possible combination of endo and PCOS - but at the moment I cannot think of a reason why a woman could not have both conditions at once.  The diseases are the result of two different tissue functions.  The endometriosis is the result of endometrial tissue implants simply being located in the wrong place.  The PCOS is a different scenario altogether, involving "endocrine disorders" in a manner of speaking.    I am thinking this one "out loud" so here it goes --- the   primary problem with PCOS is that the ovaries experience "disfunction junction" of the normal cyst and ovulation process, with it basically going awry, what with the ovaries having improper cyst formation (often multiple cyst formations),  ovulation or  perhaps not having ovulation, and  then improper cyst resolutions.  I know for a fact that even if ovulation DOES NOT occur, then the woman will still experience menstruation at some point.  I  myself am currently  having cycles in which I do not ovulate.   Anyway, reduced ovulation, whether by PCOS or by BCPs or by pregnancies, reduces the chance of ovca.

So,perhaps it is rare or rather uncommon for women to have both conditions, but I am not at the moment seeing how the conditions can be mutually exclusive.  Maybe we need to do some internet research here.

Last but not least, start keeping a chart of your monthly cycles.  Note the date the period begins, how many days are in each cycle, and what problems you experience during ANY point in that cycle.
Check out this page, and page down to question number 73, and click on that:

http://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=2#138

(Does this mean that I know more than your doctor??!!)
Hi - It sure sound like you have more going on than PCOS. It really does sound like you could have endo too from your description of pain.  I don't think the 2 are mutually exclusive.  It is more like the Drs find one and then attribute everything to that.  If the Dr you have now won't listen to you - even w/ a family histor of endo - you may want to find a different Dr.  That snobby note he wrote to you on your results was uncalled for!  Here are a few published articles on the coexistence of PCOS and endo that I found.  I'm sure we could find more, but I just wanted to get something out to you so you know you're right.  Listen to your gut instinct on your health.  I think we are usually right if we remember to do that and don't let ourselves get intimidated.  Also, they can't tell everything from imaging.  I just had a lap and there was much more there than showed up on U/S, CT or MRI.  Hang in there!

Obstet Gynecol. 1989 Oct;74(4):650-2. Related Articles, Links  

Coexistence of polycystic ovary syndrome and pelvic endometriosis.

Singh KB, Patel YC, Wortsman J.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Shreveport/New Orleans.

Pelvic endometriosis was observed in 15 of 91 women (16.5%) with laparoscopically confirmed polycystic ovary syndrome. There were no significant clinical differences among those with and those without endometriosis. The groups were of similar age, parity, and ponderal indices and had similar incidences of oligomenorrhea, hirsutism, and infertility; the serum concentrations of LH, FSH, LH/FSH, prolactin, testosterone, and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate were also similar in each group. However, women with polycystic ovaries and endometriosis presented more frequently with regular menses (40 versus 14.5%; P = .05) and less frequently with secondary amenorrhea (0 versus 38.2%; P = .05) and galactorrhea (0 versus 9.2%; P = .05) than the women with polycystic ovaries alone. Endometriosis appears to be a coincidental finding in polycystic ovary syndrome, and its development does not modify significantly the clinical picture or biochemical profiles of these patients. However, menstrual patterns seem to be affected.

PMID: 2797642 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Folia Med (Plovdiv). 1996;38(3-4):71-3. Related Articles, Links  

Polycystic ovaries in association with pelvic endometriosis in infertile women diagnosed by laparoscopy.

Kichukova D.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.

The author studied the combination of the polycystic ovary syndrome and endometriosis in 274 infertile women by laparoscopy. 106 patients were diagnosed on clinical criteria as having the polycystic ovary disease which was confirmed in 93 of them (87.74%) at the time of the procedure. Coexisting endometrial focuses were found in 11 patients (11.83%). The results show that laparoscopy should be the modality of choice in the diagnostic work-up in women with infertility and clinical symptoms of the polycystic ovary syndrome. Extensive scrutiny for endometriosis should be performed in all of these cases since the combination of the two conditions is not infrequent.

PMID: 9145594 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Akush Ginekol (Sofiia). 2000;39(3):25-6. Related Articles, Links  

[Endometriosis as an unexpected finding during laparoscopy on sterile women]

[Article in Bulgarian]

Kichukova D, Uchikova E, Velevski V.

Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, High Medical, Plovdiv.

OBJECTIVES: Assessment of the laparoscopy as endoscope method at diagnosing as unsuspected finding at sterile women. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Studying is retrospective and includes 20 years period of time (1976-1996). We have examined the documentation of 912 patients on whom performed laparoscopy. 678 from them have been primary and 234 have been with secondary sterility. RESULTS: We have established the following findings: cases only with endometriosis--164 patients; endometriosis and polycystic disease of the ovaries--11 patients; endometriosis and tubal sterility--42 patients; endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)--56 patients; endometriosis and uterus myomatosus--6 patients. DISCUSSION: Diagnosis of endometriosis by laparoscopy effectively helps in the further treatment of sterile women.

PMID: 11187990 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!! I can't believe that there are so many of you that really do care! Why can't you be my doc! Thank you for soo much info. Now I am on the case of a combination of PCOS and endo! Thanks!

Bethany :)
I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH BOTH ENDOMETRIOSIS AND PCOS. MY SYMPTOMS WERE IRREGULAR PERIODS AND LOWER PELVIC PAIN. PAIN WAS CAUSED BY THE ENDO, IRREGULAR PERIODS CAUSED BY PCOS. IT TOOK ALOT FOR ME TO GET DIAGNOSED. I WAS CONSTANTLY GOING TO THE DOCTOR FOR LOWER PELVIC PAIN AND IRREGULAR PERIODS ALOT OF THESE DOCTORS DONT KNOW MUCH SO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH IT TOOK ME ALMOST 2 YEARS TO GET DIAGNOSED PROPERLY I HAD DID SO MUCH RESEARCH THAT I DIAGNOSED MY SELF I TOOK MANY TEST FROM CANCER TO HORMONE LEVELS THIROID STD, EVERY TEST U COULD THINK OF AND THEY CLAIMED EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL I EVEN HAD A ULTRASOUND THEY SAID EVERYTHING LOOKS FINE I FINALLY WENT TO A GYN WHO DECIDED TO DO A DIAGNOSTIC LAPAROSCOPY AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BOTH. ITS STRANGE HOW EVERY TEST CAME BACK NORMAL BUT I KNOW MY BODY AND I KNEW SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT AND I WASNT GOING TO LET THE DOCTOR KEEP TELLING ME ITS NOTHING .ITS NO CURE FOR EITHER BUT YOU CAN TREAT THEM I BASICALLY HAVE TO BE ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE IF I WANT REGULAR PERIODS IF I STOP THE PILL, BACK TO IRREGULAR PERIODS THAT REALLY SUCKS . IF I WANT TO GET PREGNANT I WILL HAVE TO TAKE SOME TYPE OF DRUG BECAUSE THE PCOS IS STOPPING ME FROM OVULATING THEN WITH TAKING THAT DRUG ITS A HIGHER RISK OF MISCARRAIGE (miscarriage), MULTIPLE BIRTHS, LOW BITRTH WEIGHT, ITS VERY SCARY BECAUSE IM ONY 21 SO TO ALL U LADIES WHO MIGHT SUFFER FROM ANY OF THESE HORRIBLE CONDITIONS IF YOU REALLY FEEL THAT SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT DONT STOP PRESSING THE ISSUE BECAUSE IF PCOS GOES UNTREATED IT CAN TURN IN CANCER GOOD LUCK
Bethany
Hi Bethany, I was diagnosed with both endo and PCOS aged 27 after 13 years of terrible periods, weight gain, spots...you know the symptoms. Anyway i'm 35 now and have lived with both since then. I was put on Dianette to prevent my bad periods and spots etc and once my body had adjusted to it (i'm not very good on the pill) it worked like a charm for 6 years. However, i decided to come off of the pill early last year and have sonce developed the spots and weight gain symptoms again. HOWEVER, my periods have been brilliant! For the last year and a half i've never had a 'crying in agony - rolling around" period and i get hardly any clots. I've just been put on metformin and the GI diet (brilliant for both conditions) to see if i can lose the weight that way and have been told to take mega strength (1300mg per day) evening primrose oil and starflower oil. These, i'm told may take 3-6 months to start propoerly kicking in, so give it a chance. Relaxation classes are fantastic as is acupuncture, but if you don't have access to any of these classes, download relaxation exercises from the internet. Also, and the woman who gives me maggaes told me this, make sure you have your fallopian tubes tested for bloackages, as it's a simple procedure, but one most doctors fail to tell their patients about.
One thing i will say to you all is that up until i went to a prvate doctor in th UK i was ignored and almost ridiculed by doctors when i went to them with my symptoms. One (female) doctor told me that all women have uncomfortable periods and i should get on with it, whilst another (male) doctor suggested i get pregnant. A fair comment until you realise that i was single, 19 and at university. The best was when some 149 year old male doctor said that "the best thing all round is a hysterectomy - rip it all out"!!!!!!!!! So, keep plugging away at it.
I'm just beginning to try to get pregnant and although it may seem remote to some (at 35, with both conditions) my specialist told me last time i saw him that his previous patient that day had both conditions and had 5 kids.
As for you endo - DEMAND A LAPAROSCOPY. If they won't allow it, change doctors, contact the medical council or contact the hospital directly. Rememeber, no matter what doctors try and make out, it's your body not theirs.
I hope that some of this has helped some one, as it can feel very isolating out there when you aren't given the correct information.
It is definitely possibe to have both PCOS and endometrosis. I should know, since I have both. I got diagnosed with PCOS when  I was 18 and endo when I was 19. Ladies if you think you might have these get checked right away. My endo scarred my fallopian tubes and my OBGYN said between the PCOS and the scarring he is afraid I may not be able to have children. Don't be afraid to get a second opinion either.
I do have both endo and PCOS. I was diagnosed with endo 7 years ago when I was 16 and PCOS about 1 week ago. I am not sure yet what we are going to do from here but I have surgery for the endo at least every 2 years to "clean" it out as my doc would say.  We will see what happens from here. Keep us posted on you!
I do have both endometriosis and PCOS. The only way that a person could be diagnosed of having endometriosis is through undergoing laparoscopy. I recently underwent both- laparoscopy and hysteroscopy under general anesthesia. That surgery usually makes 3 incisions on your abdomen: 1 on your bellybutton; 2&3 on your lower abdomen. Through these, they will insert a small camera to see if you have endometriosis and find out what stage your endo is. Afterwards, they will "scrape" or burn where your endo is located at. However, even if you underwent this surgery endo cannot be treated for good. They can still come back. There are many benefits that you can get from this operation just like what my doctor has done to me. I must say it's "all in one" because since I'm also PCOS, she did ovarian drilling on my right ovary wherein will increase my chance of conception, she loosened my left fallopian tube to make it easier for sperm to pass through, she burned some found polyps attached in my uterus and lastly, removed my mild endometriosis. Since the surgery, I have noticed a very smooth flow in my menstruation without having those huge blood clots. It's very difficult having both of these disorders. It's very physically and emotionally draining especially if you're dying to have a baby. So many medicines to take. So many check ups to be made. Metformin is usually prescribed for PCOS patients. Look for a doctor who specializes in endocrinology not just an ob-gyne because it really makes a difference. I hope I was able to help with just a piece of information that I know based on what I have gone through.

.....still hoping for a baby
i have both endo and PCOS and ovarian cancer. In fact the PCOS has caused me more pain then the other two. complete agony.
Feel free to drop me a line if you ever want to talk.

best wishes.
I have PCOS and am pretty sure that i have endo as well, but  my docs keep telling me that i am fine and that it is just my period. i get horrible pelvic pain and went to emerg on the weekend it was so bad. i was passing huge clots as well. they did an ultrasound on me and didn't see anything. i get these pains on a regular basis but are normally not severe. i have pretty much all the sympoms of endo and have been doing a lot of research on it. now i am not sure what else cuz the docs keep telling me that i am fine, but i know my body and i know there is something wrong. can i make them give me a laparoscopy?
Hello All,

I was diagnosed with Endometriosis not quite 3 years ago and I've since had 2 surgeries to remove it - once in 9/05 and the other in 1/07.  I recently started having severe pain around my right ovary as well and ended up in the ER almost 2 weeks ago.  The ultrasound indicated that I had a cluster of cysts around my right ovary and that one of them had most likely ruptured.  Then last Monday (1 week ago) I had a follow up with my obgyn who said that I have PCOS in addition to the Endo.  So to answer the original question, YES you can definitely have both.  

Sandy - If you have an obgyn I would definitely request that they perform a laparoscopy.  If they refuse, I would personally change doctors.  Having the laparoscopy done is the only way to be 100% sure that you have the Endo.  Good luck!  
Yes, please make them do a lap.  I waited 8 years to get diagnosed with endo, and just over 2 years later (just a week ago) I was also diagnosed with PCOS.  So it is absolutely possible to have both.  Of course, I didn't know about or care about PCOS until I started trying to conceive 6 months ago and it didn't happen immediately like I thought it would.  Doctors are complete idiots - it is very easy to diagnose PCOS but since the only way to diagnose endo is with a lap, they just shy away from doing it.  Be sure to get a doctor who can and will excise (cut out) all the endo they find!  Don't go through the lap without getting 99.9% of it removed!  And don't settle for lasering it off - I was back in for lap #2 within 6 months after having it lasered the first time.  The 2nd time the specialist surgeon excised it and I have been almost completely pain free for a year and a half so far.  Good luck!
I do have endometriosis and PCOS or so they tell me.  I have stopped birth control and gained a lot of weight which is how they determined the PCOS.  My husband and I are trying to have a baby and have not been successful, just more bad news. I have had the laparoscopy to remove a cyst on my fallopian tube and they removed the endometriosis and I still have paid regularly.  No baby yet but its definitely a good idea to have the lap done ASAP.  
i have been 12yrs pain free i had both pcos and had a total radical hydorectomy cervex up all gone best thing that ever happened to me but i also had 9 laporoscopies and 10 years of the same pain as you all now my daughter is expienceing  that fimiliar pain and i'm thankful i know a dr. who will help her this sight will teach you http://www.endometriosistreatment.org/html/pub.html
and help you help yourselfs  my advise is to stop listening to dr.'s that don't listen to you  collect all your records films and all from every where dr's., ER.  then read them. for the short term stop all dairy .red meal prosseced food lunch meat, cheese these all have hormons that feed Endo maintain your bowels keep them as empty as you can this helps more then pain killers in my family  out of 4 girls 3 have had total hystorectomies and 1 partial we all had PCOS also and two of us have thyroid issues also after all it all the same system of the body. i prey that you find the right DR. but Educate yourselfs you are your own best dr.
Hi!
3 years ago I underwent an emergency operation - to remove my left ovary and half of the right ovary.  It was because I suffer from PCOS and the cysts in my left ovary were not only hemorragic (blood cysts) but also were about to burst open.  My life was in danger.  After after having all that removed, and the half ovary cleaned from remaining cysts, I thought that my pain and awful menstrual periods would dissapear.  My first period after my procedure was so painful that I ended up at the ER. My doctor saw me the next day and told me that the biopsy from the half of ovary I do have - had traces of endometriosis.  So yes, It is possible to have PCOS and Endo at the same time.
For me it has been hell.  My periods are horribly painful from the week before; sometimes I have weird symptoms like dizziness, nausea, severe headaches, bowel movements out of control, and severe bleeding.  I can be up to 9 days bleeding heavily, and then 2 weeks later get my period again.  I wish the doctor had taken everything out and spared me this misery.
Jocelyn
Miramar, Fl
Hi everyone,

I am 32 years of age and just about 3 years ago I started to notice discomfort in my right groin abdomen area and in my right underarm breast at the same time.  The discomfort was that my groin, thigh, felt swollen.  My underwear felt so tight on that side (like overnight) that I had to go and buy a size larger underwear.  Ultrasound was done on my right abdomen and no signs of any unusual ovaries, so the doctors left it as a groin pull.  The odd thing is that my groin pull never went away completely.  It would become aggrivated whenever I would lift something heavy or right around my period or whenever I had a movement of a bowel.  I couldn't hold my stomach in anymore because that would cause discomfort.

Now its 3 years later and I've developed the following: same groin pull discomfort sensation, a rotated pelvis (right), and sciatica down the right leg.  Sometimes during the time and for a few weeks after my period I have the increased "groin pain" sensation.  Not to mention within the 3 years I gained about 40lbs.  

Just past 2 weeks I had another abdomen ultrasound done and blood tests.  The ultrasound was "beautiful" but it was found that my free testosterone levels were slightly elevated.  I am going in for another blood test to make sure this isn't a lab error.  My doctor is unsure what it could be.  I think I may have PCOS but my physical therapist believes I may have a cyst or endometriosis.   I've noticed some extra facial hair popping up within the last year or so and also some unusual hair loss.  Just recently, my hair line has been getting finer and more recessed.

I have my next appointment with my doctor on later this month.  I am wondering what her final diagnosis is.  I am really concerned with the weight gain as my mother who hasn't seen me since 8 months looked like she was about to cry because I've gained so much weight and I walk oddly on my right side.  I had an orthopedic surgeon who dismissed my complaints and didn't notice a change in my gait.  However, my physical therapist did notice the rotated pelvis.

I was wondering if any of you guys have any of the symptoms I've talked about?  My mother had endometriosis and a fibroid tumor before her hysterectomy.  She also has thyroid issues too (I've been blessed with great genes).  I've never had a severe weight problem like this before in my entire life.  I've always been able to shed pounds, but now if I breathe I gain weight and my sciatica doesn't really allow for me to feel comfortable walking or exercising like used to enjoy.

Also, some of you guys mentioned blood clots during your period.  How big were your blood clots?  Dime size?  This might simply indicate that I may be starting on the route of PCOS and endometriosis.

I found out about a year and a half i had pcos and was told it may take longer for me to become pregnant than most women, so i spoke to my partner and we decided to start try for a baby. After a year of trying and nothing happening i decided to go back to my doctor to see what he could do to help. After going to a hospital appointment for a scan i was put in for a laparoscopy, which i have just recently had done last friday, but now found out not only do i have pcos i also have a thick lining of Endometriosis and both my tubes are blocked. So yes you can have both PCOS and Endometrosis. I also have a question of my own if anyone can help is there any hope i will be able to get my tubes unblocked and  to have a baby of my own one day?  

I can't help by answering your question but I can sympathise as I have been trying for near on 2 years to have a baby... your doctor should know how to unblock your tubes, and you should also discuss the risks of mis-carriage as I have mis-carried several times as the lining or endometrium has not been lining the uteris as it should, there is also a high risk of pregnancy in the fallopian tubes (the one that are block for you)

I wish I could help, and I hope you are successful in your atttempts
Thank you anyway i just dont know what to think at the moment, but thats something i will ask when i go back to the doctors about what risk of mis-carriage do i have, its something i've not really thought about but thank you its something i should really find out about.

I really do hope everything works out for you i cant imagen how hard it must be for you actually getting pregnant and then mis-carriaging i really hope your ok. Take Care x
YES, you can have both endo and PCOS!  I have been trying to have a baby for 15 years now.  I found out in 1998 that I had both and that I had a slim to none chance of getting pregnant.  I had 2 laproscopies and various infretility treatments. All with no luck.  My doctor at the age of 24 told me that I would not EVER be able to get pregnent, and he recommended a hysterectomy.  Needless to say I was freaked out because I was determined that I would be a mom!  Stupidly I did not go in for even a checkup for 8 years!   Now I am 33 years old now and I am starting to have a variety of other issues related to endo and PCOS.  I will be having a hysterectomy in the first part of March.  

Good luck to you all,

G.P.
I am really sorry to hear about what you are going through.  I haved been going through this problem since I was 16 years old and I am now 34 years old.  I have never talked with anyone that has gone though the same thing I have, believe it or not none of my family or friends know what I am going through.  Back in 99 I was diagnosed with endo and now they think I have PCOS I have had 3 surgeries and 2 of them were removal of cysts, today I went to yet another fertility specialist and I have 2 more cysts on my left ovary.  I have no children but want them extremely bad.  It is not looking good for me either.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
I think is more common than typically believed that endo and pcos co-exist.  My experience tells me that, just as JGmom suggested, once one disorder to explain symptoms is found, the search is off.  This makes sence if the treatment works.  If, however, like you, some or all symptoms continue, it means it's time to re-start the search.  Only you will know when the search is complete, you'll feel it..Good luck
Hi!
I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis and PCOS. Doctors have said it is quite uncommon.

Unfortunately the docs dont seem to bothered about my condition and fob me off a bit.. Im 26 and happily married, we're starting to think about trying for children, dont feel old enough yet, but dont want to leave it too late...

Hi all, I am 22 and I have just been diagnosed with endo and pcos.  I am pretty upset because I really want to have children but from what i've read, it doesn't sound like there's much chance.  I am glad I saw a specialist, have put it off for quite some time, (I was always just put on different birth control pills which don't agree with me, and told that it was normal).  But seeing a specialist has allowed me to realise that I can possibly prevent other complications.  So ladies - get checked out if you are in doubt.  Has anyone been able conceive who is suffering from both endo and pcos????
It's such a shame to hear about the suffering and pain you are going through and I hope this helps you get the diagnosis. I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2004 after 3 years of numerous trips to the GP with severe abdo pain, no periods, sickness and fainting. Turns out I had a 5inch cyst and multiple ones on both ovaries that had to be removed by laparotomy. That took years of pleading and demanding an US, trying to convince them it was was not stress or just being young!
I went on to have 3 miscarriages in succession after being advised to start a family sooner rather than later - I was 25 then. We then had our beautiful and most precious little girl in 2006 after 2 years of trauma.
Then the troubles and pain started again...I visited the gynae who gave me an US and said I had polycystic ovaries-no really! Like I didnt already know! Oh yes they hadnt read any previous history notes! Told me I needed councelling and sent me on my way.....
The pains got worse and my sex life was being affected with the pain so I visited another gynae at a different hospital. They were great and booked me in for a laparoscopy ASAP. I had it this monday and they found both PCO, adhesions from the prev.surgery and endometriosis on both ovaries and the cavity. Recovering now and started Depoprovera injection too to keep both at bay. Fingers crossed this works....
So after all that rambling, what I am trying to say is yes it is possible to have both, dont let the doctors fob you off like they do, demand a laproscopy as the endo did not show on the US, and dont fret too much about having a family - it is achievable tho difficult!
Best of luck with everything x
i recently had a cyst rupture but didn't know it at the time. wen i went to the ER they thought i was in labour! lol i laugh now but believe me the pain was so bad my face tingled! the ER doc thought it was endo but told me to visit my doc and he told me it was a cyst that ruptured and that they usually rupture after ovulation, right before ur period or at the start of ur period but its not a must that every month one will rupture.
I have had Endo & PCOS since 1997. I get questioned everytime I have had to go to a new Doc "How where you diagnosed" Like they do not believe that I have it.

I am very frustrated that I cannot get relief and all the doc wants to do is put me on BC pills. Which help to a point.

I went 3 years ago to a homopathic doctor and was put on Pogesterone and it helped me loose weight. Because of the PCOS I have low Pogesterone. When I went on it I also started having more regulkar periods.

Any of you have any suggestions on other treatments?

The Endo was carterized in 97 but not all of it. As for the rest nothing has helped.

Kim
I am a mom of 3.  I have such debilitating cramps and they seem to be getting worse every month.  I have never had regular cycles and have always bled heavy.  Anyways, not really sure if I care what is happening to me.  My 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with premature adrenarche which can be a precursor of PCOS.  I am wondering since these issues are or at least can be hereditary if it is possible I have either or and perhaps am the reason she is having these problems.  I have mild facial hair, gained weight pretty much overnight when when I finally hit puberty.....  like from super thin to a little over weight in the blink of an eye.  I was able to have children with no problem, and I know that with PCOS it doesn't come easy.  ........ okay now I'm rambling but maybe there is a connection?
I've been overweight, had irregular periods, heavy periods, PAINFUL periods for as long as I can rememember. Since July of 2006 I have visited the ER 8 times because of severe pelvic pain. It started in July... they told me I ruptured a cyst. The same time the next month I was in the hospital twice, and again in September. One ultra sounds they saw cysts, then when I went back they didnt.  Once again in 2007.... 2008 and twice in 2009. I have seen over 6 different OBGYNs, have been passed from specialist to specialist. One OBGYN didn't think it was related to my uterus despite my symptoms... and passed me off to a urologist (because I had frequent UTIs). After laying in a ball crying in the ER... one of the ER docs asked me what my pain was on a scale of one to ten. When I said 8, he pretty much laughed at me and said "You're having the worst pain of your life RIGHT NOW?" Almost as if he was saying... "yeah right..." Over the summer I gained 50 lbs, started losing hair, growing hair on my face, have had emotional roller coasters like never before with irritabilty (I never used to have a "crabby" day). I figured it was simply stress and overload... as I've always battled depression and it's been extra stressful lately. The pain came to a climax in Sept when I couldn't stand it any more. Finally a new doctor did a Lap... finding that I had both endo and cpos. It was a relief to know that I wasn't just imagining the pain---if that is even possible!!! I hoped that the surgery would take care of the problems, but the pain is still there. Looking at the syptoms (symptoms) of both conditions... everything is starting to make sense. one of the causes for PCOS is inusulin resistance--causing a craving for sweets and severe fatigue. PCOS can cause several other complications (heart disease, diabetes, etc) and since all that runs in my family anyways... it's almost as if I am double proned to get heart disease and iabetes.  My doc prescribed bc but I plan on visiting an endocrinologist to see if I really do have insulin resistance... and to get the heart of the matter. Either way I may not be able to have children... and being only 21, this is hard to swallow. Your pain is REAL...Don't let anyone tell you different. Go to doc that specializes in these conditions and get 2nd, 3rd, even 4th opinions. That's what I had to do! The battle isn't over but you can make it!
Yes, you can absolutely have both! Endometriosis is very hereditary... I have PCOS, and had no periods at ALL until I was put on birth control pills when I was 18. However, the BCPs actually triggered the endometriosis, which my mom & sister both have, badly.

I would suggest talking to your doctor again with a journal, or even going to another doctor to explain where you're at and kind of get a second opinion. I'm assuming since you have PCOS you're probably already on birth control pills, so laparoscopy or even Lupron may be beneficial to you. Hope things get better soon, I know how tough it can be!
It's definitely possible to have both. I was diagnosed with both when I was 15 (I'm 18 now). My endo had already left scar tissue. I went on shots for a year and was given birth control pills afterwards. I recently changed pills from Loestrin 24 to Yaz, and that was a mistake. I was trying to make things easier on everyone in my household because I became evil every month before my period. Now my symptoms are coming back. I'm still trying to swallow the fact that I could be told in the next couple of years that I may not be able to have kids. Good luck to you.
I am 18 years old and was recently told that I have PCOS and Endometriosis. So yes, I guess it is possible to have both.
My best friend has just been diagnosed with endometriosis, which she now combines with having PCO.  She is 34 and desperate for children.  She is getting herself in a bit of a state about it all, which is causing her to be depressed and causing unrest in her marriage.

Could you please offer me any advice for my friend?
i'm a 22 yr old, and had a laporoscopy in june 09, when i found out that i have severe endometriosis and IBS. i just got back from the gyno today and i was diagnosed with PCOS. yes. its possible to have both. i just hope when my boyfriend and i decide to get pregnant, i at least will be able to. i've been reading a lot about infertility related to both diseases, and my heart definetely goes out to all of the women out there who have been trying and cannot.
I am 24 but 10 years ago I was diagnosed with pcos and diet dependant diabeaties (sorry I don't know how to spell well) ,only getting my period once when I was 13 was what made my grandmother get an appointment set up asap. I hadn't gotten a period till about a year ago or what I thought might be a period but I bleed for several months and not always heavy I have to wear panty liners just to be safe sometimes I take out tampons and they have really nothing on them. I am very clean when it comes to my coutter and all of my body but I get a bad odder like rotting blood or something and it is fowl and not very nice, I thought well I can used a douche so let me try that and I felt cleaner but the odder was still there not long after maybe a day or two of nothing but after that it was on. I want to a gyn an she said no douche can cause you more problems then anything, I have been not using one and it seems to have gotten worse and as of late I have been bleeding during sex and after even for days not just cause my man is well off but cause of the pcos I believe I need some major questions answered here I went to doctors but they never have a great enough diagnoses to make me believe they did there work. So please if anyone who has had something like or close to my story here please write me back I would appreciate it ..... Desperately Seeking Answers
Speaking from experience, it is possible to have both PCOS and endo. I was diagnosed with pcos a little over three years ago. And I was just diagnosed with endo 2 weeks ago. And can you believe I am only 18. It ***** to know at such a young age that I might not be able to have kids. They diagnosed my pcos after I didn't have a period for six months and then had it for six weeks. Then they diagnosed my endo after seeing 4 doctors complaining of severe pelvic pains during and around my period and even inbetween periods. So I would have to say it is definatly possible to have both.
I too have both PCOS & Endometriosis! I think I've had endo since my younger years 15-16. I started my period at at very young age (9) and the cramps were to die for. I would literally black out because the pain was so bad. I had no problem getting preggo with my son at age 20. After I had him tho, was when things started changing, no more death cramps, but sharp pains in my right side.  months after I had my son was when I started developing many cysts on my right ovary. I was in and out of the hospital at least 2 times a month. I was finally put on meds by my gyno. It worked for about 2 years, then again death cramps arrived again, even worse tho. It was interfering with my daily life it hurt to even have sex. They just kept changing my meds, thats it! I finally got fed up with it and changed gynos. SOOOO glad I did, I explained everything to new doc, he set up laproscopy first appointment I seen him. I had the surgery and endo was confirmed it was all over the place even in bowels. They also had to cut and drain my cysts from the pcos. Now I am seeing an Reproductive Endocrinologist and having an IUI done to have more children.
i too have pcos but have been told you dont get pain from having it but my life is ruled by this pain in my pelvic area on the right hand side . the pain is unbarable i wonder if i too have endo i have been to the docs hundreds of times and none of them seem to care i have had an ultrasound done and dignosed with pcos but they also said during the ultrasound that my ovary was stuck to the wall i havent a clue what that means and nor did they explain it to me i keep going back to the docs and im finding it so hard to get them to refer me to a gynocologist why is it so hard to do that for me this has been going on for a year and i feel like im still at first base with it all . has anyone had the same problems docs dont care anyone got any advice to go to them with  
It is possible to have endometriosis I am finally going in for a laproscopy tomorrow to see how bad the endometriosis is, my doc confirmed through pelvic exam I too was told that you dont have pelvic pain with pcos and i am in constant pain.. I pretty much want to see how far along the endometriosis is and finally be done with pain after struggling with the constant pain for five years
I have both PCOS and endometriosis, which was confirmed by a lapraoscopy a month ago.  I have had no luck with doctors or pharmaceuticals.  In fact, I believe that going off the birth control pill(10 months ago) has something to do with the havoc being wrecked on my otherwise incredibly healthy body.  I just want to say that there is hope!  I have drastically changed my diet over the last 6 months, I see a naturopath/accupuncturist, and I take a myriad of chinese herbs. I went 8 years on the pill with out every stopping.  To think that my body wouldn't react to going off of it would be silly. But its not something you are told when you start.  Most docs say there are really no side effects to the pill, but anyone in my shoes would beg to differ.  I am curious how many other women are experiencing endo/pcos after going off the pill?  
Doctors are paid by pharmaceutical companies.  They dont make much money helping patients, but they do make big money prescribing pills to use for the rest of your life.  I hate to be negative and this is totally my point of view, but I can't stand them!  I have had so much success the "natural" way with a naturopath and acupuncturist.  They listen and try to get to the root of the issue.  The herbs that I take are strong and suprisingly effective. I too had an ultrasound that "showed nothing abnormal" and I had to push to get a CT scan and lapraoscopy.  I am so glad I did because I got my endo zapped early and I can treat the rest of it and PCOS with herbs.  I highly recommend pushing your gyno for the test, especially if you have insurance and/or can pay for it. Its a relief to know whats going on.  Such Intense pain is so hard to deal with when you have no idea what it is!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.  Its nice to have other women to chat with who are going through the same thing.  I hope you feel better.  Allie
I have had really bad pain and bleeding during intercourse for the past 2 years. FInally found a doctor to help. After 8 months of my husband and I trying to get pregnant with no luck, I switched doctors and ran every test imaginiable. Finally laprascope. Found out I have endometreosis and PCOS. The doctor says I have very slim if any chance of getting pregnant. I am only 21 years old!!! My husband and I really want children. Has anyone had the same symptoms and had children? I want to know if it is possible to have children? I was put on Midformin to try to regulate my period, help me loose weight and hopfully ovulate. Please let me know if you had the same conditions and were succesfull in geting pregnant it will help me out alot!!!
I am 22 years old and 2 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS.  I have been fighting with abdominal pain since I was 18.  I did not get my period until I was about 14 but that is normal in my family.  I used to get my period maybe once ever 6 months if I was lucky, but my doctors always attributed that to me being very active (cheerleading, dancing, and playing softball).  Over the past 2 years I have been seeing a gastrointerologist because my gyno said that PCOS does not cause pelvic pain which I have been having since I was 18.  My gastro diagnosed me with IBS and gastroparesis(slow emptying of the stomach).  I have had countless test run (MRI, CAT SCAN, Ultra Sounds, countless bloodwork, colonoscopy, and endoscopy) and everything looks "normal".  I had been so frustrating for doctors to look you in the eye and tell you that there is nothing wrong with you and that everything looks "normal" when you know there is something seriously wrong with your body.  Today when I was talking to my gastro about none of the medications working, he asked me about my menstration.  I told him about the PCOS and about the pain location (a constant pain in my lower right pelvic area, that gets worse[doubled over can't breathe pain] especially around my period) and he told me that he believes that I have endo.  Has anyone else had any gastro problems related to their PCOS or endo?
Hey to Mkelly2, I've got PCOS & endo and I too have gastro symptoms.  After tests, scans, as well as the endoscopy & colonoscopy they stated I too had IBS.  I have been trying to find a correlation between them but have not found it yet.  I just graduated from a nursing program & I've been flipping through textbooks galore but there doesnt seem to be anything... it is interesting to know however that there are more people out there with these exact problems.
Hi, I am 32 years old and i was diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis.  I had been for a fertility work up in a year... and sadly, until now, it is not still successful.  I took metformin to control PCOS, clomid for the ovulation and ladogal for endometriosis.... but... nada!! My OB's last resort is to have a laparoscopy on me... but i think, i need to have a second opinion, don't i?
I was diagnosed with endo about 8 years ago and did the laparoscopy about 4 yrs ago. Been on Birth control ever since only stopping every 4 months to get my period although get it many times with the pill as well. The doc says this will decrease the chances of the Endo coming back as it was stage 3. Well i still have sever pain, very lose bowel moevements frequently as well as pain during intercourse.
I went to the Obgyn today for a check up (not my regular doc as I live in Dubai now) and she did an US and told me i have PCOS
My question is how can i have PCOS as well, i am under weight lost about 7 kg recently no facial hair none of those symptoms....
She showed me the US and i saw for myself all the cysts on the outside of both ovaries.
Got no treatment but to continue on a stronger birth control to prevent break through bleeds. (thats for the endo) what about the PCOS?
I am so confused as she said we will deal with it when i want to have kids. Well i am now 30 but not in a position to have children now but with all of this it sounds impossible.
Can anyone give me any advice as to what to do?
Does this sound like an accurate diagnosis to anyone?
I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16 and endo at 20. It sounds like your obgyn is right as you could see them on the US, it is possible to have PCOS without symptoms, my BMI is 20 so i am def not overweight, i do not have acne, i am hairy but not on my face although without the pill i do not have periods. Falling pregnant is hard but not allows impossible, i have a son. Your doc is again correct about not treating the PCOS unless trying for a baby as all treatments can result in pregnancy and are only meant to be taken short short term, they just like you to have periods so therefore the pill. Just bare in mind that when you want kids speak to your doc asap as treatment on the nhs is very slow. Dont worry PCOS is very common.

Good Luck
I, too think I have both endo and pcos.  I have been getting rupturing cysts on my ovaries since I was 13, and have been on and off the pill.  I have always had painful, long, and heavy periods.  During my time of the month have pain when going to the bathroom, and lots of pain during intercourse.  I am having a lap on Tuesday to remove anything that needs to be removed!  I am very happy I am not alone, and so happy to find this web page....I wish all the best to all of you with the same complications I have.
Yes, it is possible to have both Endometriosis and PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 years of age and last year (I was 20 years of age) I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. It does sound like you do have Endometriosis along with your PCOS. I would find a doctor that is willing to help you find the answers you are looking for in your health instead of worring about their pocket book. To me, it sounds like the doctors you have gone to for help have just pushed you aside. I went to several different doctors and went through so many ultra sounds to find "cysts". The doctors couldn't find a cyst, so they dismissed my pain as it "being in my head". I was going to give up and "deal" with the pain, but a good friend of mine talked me into going to see this specialist. He also did an ultra sound and he also found nothing, but instead of dismissing my pain, he went the extra step and told me he would like to do an exploratory search. It is an outpatient proccedure. Turns out that I had a cyst erupt, which forced my folopian (I dont know how to spell that) tube to my uterus, there was scar tissue holding it there, and I was covered with Endometriosis. The doctor cleared as much as he could of the Endometriosis, freed my tube, and cut away all the scar tissue. So, dont give up. Find a doctor that will listen and will do anything he/she can to help. God bless you hunny!
I have been diagnosed with PCOS through blood tests recently. At the age of 15 I started having all the usual things for PCOS and Endo. THe docs were convinced I had endo but ignored the signs of the PCOS. I had a lap done and the doc said he 'couldn't find any endo' not that there isn't any. I have read about lots of women where the endo isn't found until the 2nd or 3rd lap. I assumed that would happen with me and kept trying different pills Mirena and injection to help the pain and bleeding. Now I have been diagnose with the PCOS I am hoping they will look again into the endo. Rather than not having many periods mine were always there! Sometimes for a couple of months, sometimes a little late but always there. And very VERY heavy and painful. I also have pain during sex and have had massive weight gain since coming off the pill and going on to Mirena and injections. I am now on no birth control and watching what I eat. My weight is slowly but surely coming down, much easier now I'm off the injection!!

Does this sound like it could be just PCOS or does it sound like another mixture of the two?

Thanks in advance for the help

Liane
I was diagnosed with pcos about 7 yrs ago and was told that is why I have been a type 2 diabetic since my teens.  My periods have always been difficult especially in the last 5 years.  My GP kept putting my problems and the fact that it was taking me so long to get pregnant, down to pcos.  When I moved to a new country I was immediately diagnosed with endometris and everything made sense.  How I had been misdiagnosed for all those years is beyond me as I had all the classic symptoms you mention!  It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I was living in the UK and it is hard to get referred.  I ended up having an operation and one year on finally fell pregnant!  I am currently 5 days away from my caesarean (the baby is breech!) and will be going on metformin.  I believe both conditions are connected and really pleased to have finally been diagnosed but it was a pity that I had to wait so long and have my first child so late.
hey i dont know if this is much help to you but you can have both endo and PCOS at the same time, i suffer from both and have be diagnosed and both can be very painful, my lower right abdominal is always in intense pain especially around the menstrual cycle

take care!
I have Endo and PCOS- was diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, was told I could not have children.... I do not get cysts, still have a regular period but I do not ovulate.  Changed Drs, he did a lap and found I had Endo also.  Cleaned me out, gave me chlomid and I had my son in 2005.  Had another Lap in 2008, another round of chlomid, had twin girls in 2009.  Since I am done having children, my dr & i decided on doing a laproscopic partial hysterectomy.  This should (but not necessarily means it will) make the Endo go away.  Having this done in two weeks
I've been trying to get pregnant for over a year.
We've just found out I have PCOS and Endometriosis. I just had my laproscopy Dec 15th, 2010. It's pretty bad and the scar tissue has attached to my lower intestines. I get awful pains in my bowels. This has been going on with me since 7th grade, I'm now 22. This has been misdiagnosed that long. First I was diagnosed lactose intolerant, and then with IBS and I also had an ovarian cyst that I was told would just go away. I guess it didn't register with any doctors until I couldn't get pregnant and no fertility drugs were helping. I sure wish it would have been caught sooner, maybe it would't be this bad. 8 or 9 years is a long time to let endo build up. The pain is horrendous and sometimes unbearable. I always knew it was something more than IBS. I know people who have IBS and I never saw them in the kind of pain that I had.

As far as having children, I know that it can take years. I go back to see my Dr in 2 days to find out what the plan is so my husband and I can decide what is best for our lives. I wish you all the best. Support is definitely something needed when dealing with endo and PCOS.
Iv also been trying to get pregnant for over a year and it is getting depressing now!
We've just found out I have PCOS and maybe Endometriosis, Iv just got my date through for my laproscopy for 7th july. Really weried i might not be abil to have kids depressed over it all and making me argue with my partner alot because of i all ARGHHHHH :(

I have severe Endo AND PCOS... Have been fighting them for yrs. Trust me. Its possible. I am 27 just got done with lupron on Jan 19 and started my first period on April 16. I may never naturally conceive without clomid,and may need to go as far as ivf. I will keep u all n my prayers. God bless. If anyone needs to talk or needs info at all, feel free to contact me.***@****
I am currently 27 almost 28 in two months, I was finally diagnosed after two people in my family urged me to see more doctors to get help in 2009. I have had trouble trying to find a doc that cares and listens to me at all! Most tell me that my horrible and excruciating pain during bm's and periods and ovulation is normal and fine. We all know our bodies, not to mention I have a huge pain threshhold I have been told by many docs, anyways before I was diagnosed I was a severr dieter and had bulimia and anorexia off and on throught my life, which is very bad but helped keep my weight in check, that i suffered with throughout my life. At 150 lbs at age 20 I became pregnant and had my first child, ten months after he was born, my daughter was born. I have been told that was a miracle nad that you are more fertile right after you have a baby. Anyways, I was then diagnosed with a alight uterine prolapse and the pain worsenend, as did the weight gain up to 205, I am 5'8" so alot of people just thought I looked chubby. But it wasnt until my sister and my cousin were diagnosed that I sought a military doc through our insurance(hubby is army) that was also an endocrinologist. Doctors had always tested only my thyroid and told me levels were ok, he tested testosterone and prolactin and both were way too high. He put me on metformin, but we moved and got out of the military before I could be adjusted on the meds and b/c and hav continued insurance to watch it. So it is now 2011 and I am still trying to find a doc, that will help me deal with my Huge blood clots, cysts, retched pain (especially during intercourse at times) and other symptoms(I am still on only 500mg of metformin a day) cause I dont have insurance and many docs will not up it and think im "fine" I swaIR, i dont know what i have to do to reinerate to these so called care practitioners that i am and have been in serious pain for all my life and want thsi to change. I did however drop fropm 205 last year to 145 before I surprisingly became pregnant(obviously through diet and major excercise and herbal changes)! The doctors were all surprised as was I (my two kids are 5 and 6) . I am now 5 months pregnanat and dealing with the pain again, i am up to 174 already wich is alot of wait too fast and tha is partly due to the fact my appetite just wants carbs and naughty things and so I have laxed on my diet for PCOS. I was denied insurance for being on metformin and cannot afford anythingt else so now I am sol, but after thsi baby is born, I am going to find a damn endo and see about the ENDOMETRIOSIS/( that also runs in my family and looking at the symptoms does fit my other issues.) thanks ladies and know that you can have life after being diagnosed and can have children, my sis after much trying and weight loss also got pregnant at age 29! There is hope sisters, lets shrug off the bad docs and trust our bodies that are talking to us!!!
hey!

I am 20 and have been disgnosed with PCOS.
I too have great pain in my rectum and problems with my bowels (which is always being associated with irritable bowel syndrome)

I have suspected that I have endo too since I was diagnosed with PCOS,simply because of the pain,the clotting during my menstrual cycle and the pains i get in my lower pelvic region,bowels and rectum.

I have just started seeing a specialist and she seems to think my self diagnosis is correct,but still isn't being much help.
I go in again to see her next week so I'm hoping I can push for a laparoscopy as I want to find out once and for all and get it treated as my partner and I want to have babies asap.

I understand your suffering sweetheart!

--Jess
oh no]=

I hope that you are able to get preganant!!!!

I am worried now!!

I hope I can have babies]=
I have been diagnosed with both polycyctic and endo. It's hell hope and pray you don't have both.
I do, was diagnosed in 2006.
YES YOU CAN HAVE BOTH I HAVE BOTH AND I WAS  DIAGNOSED IN 2008 IN THE MIDDLE OF 2009 I CHANGED MY DIET AND LOST 30 POUNDS AND AT THE BEGINNING OF 2010 I WAS PREGANAT I HAD MY BABY IN SEP 2010  SHE WAS A VERY HEALTHY  BABY 8 POUNDS 150Z SO IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CHILD BEC I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE A BABY AND I AM PAIN FREE UNTIL THIS DAY THANKS TO THE FATHER BEC IT IS VERY PAINFUL AND I WAS GLAD WHEN I FIND A GREAT DR TO HELP ME BEC THE OTHER DR'S GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND AND I HAD THE WENT THREW 3 DR'S THAT COULD  NOT HELP ME SAYING THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS WRONG  AND I PRAY TO THE FATHER THAT IT DOES NOT COME BACK AND I AM 26 YRS OLD NOW SO I WISH ALL OF YALL GOOD LUCK BEC ITS NO JOKE GOD BLESS YALL ALL :)
Hi all,

I was also diagnosed with few cysts in ovaries 8 months back. My doctor has advised me to take medicine named Crisanta which is a oral contraceptive pill. my periods have become regular but now i m facing another problem that on 3rd day i dont get much blood as it is on 1 and 2 day. Just have fear that that ocp do harm our body i.e. liver and kidney. Can anyone help me.
I have both pcos and endo i was diagnoses 8yrs ago and have had many hormone treatments even been put through artificial menopause to try relieve some of the symptoms but no joy! I have also had keyhole and laser surgery to try remove some of the endo but its still getting worse i am now waiting for a op to remove the worst of it but as its so servere it will be like a partial hysterectoramy :( which if its unsucessful at controlling the endo i will need a full hysterectoramy!!! I have been struggling with this and have only been getting any help from doctors by keeping record of periods etc and constantly goin back. But there are many options for you before it gets to this stage its just that my endo is so servere and they cant control mu bleeding which is wat makes it worse and im practically riddled with it that i have no other options im only 23 and suggest that you get the doctors to help you sooner rather than later as once it gets to this point there is only a few options left to help you. I hope you find out soon. ASK for prostap injections and levonelle with it as its one of the most helpfull thing also the coil can provide relief hope this helps.
Mel
i have pcos and endometriosis it causes so much pain and many problems the docs have said to take birth control and for me it makes it worse any one have any ideas
I agree with you. ive been to see many different doctors and they all tell me that my options are a hysterectomy or early menopause
I am 25 years old and was diagnosed with endo at 17. I had 2 laps in 8 months. Only recently the pain is slowly making it's way back into my life.the laps caused a hormone change because I was so young. now I am growing hair, thick black hair, everywhere! A little research led me to pcos. I don't have insurance, but I strongly believe that when I can see a Dr I will be diagnosed with pcos. I to have unbelievable periods mixed with months of no periods.for those months I am blessed with menopause type symptoms.I'm sure it is possible to have both pcos and endo.
Yes, I had the same symptom early in my teens of very heavy periods painful period, pain so bad that I could not stand going over bumps while seated in a car.  Still have those awful symptoms when I go off of the hormone Agystin (norethindrone)  Its a progestin and without that I can't go to work or get out of bed for that fact.  I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 and endometriosis around 25.  I think I had it at 19 but the doctors told me all I needed to do was to be on birth control pills.  Birth control pills never worked for me they just made my migraines worsts.  I am going to be 40 in  about 3 months and I am still fighting with back pain and pelvic pain regardless of the fact that I on chemical menopause.  It is a tough road I can't lie. I feel cursed. I take a lot of medication just to function: agystin to stop the menstrual cycle, Inderal and Pamelor to keep migraines away and Imitrex if I do have a migraine, percocet, neurontin and a fentanyl patch for pain because I was taking pain medication around the clock. the pelvic and back pain now are the worst because some thing is inflaming my sciatic nerve.  I write all of this so that anyone who is also suffering at this level knows they are not alone it is possible to have that many problems. I hate it everyday that I never had the opportunity to have children.  This problem or these problem have ruin my life.  I wish I could be pain free for just 1 year so I can learn what it is like not to wake up in pain or discomfort every morning.  
I was diagnosed with pcos years ago and during a laparoscopy two days ago was told there was endemitriosis which they treated. So you can have both. When I looked at symptoms on endemitriosis I can now relate that to when I was 10 and my periods started, they were extremely  heavy and painful with clotting and came close to blood transfusion. However since I was put in the contraceptive pill I would not say I have had any of these symptoms so would not have known since that endometriosis could be an issue.
My PCP believed I had PCOS and then I went to an OBGYN that he recommended for further test and for a large cyst I had for 7 months. She just removed my cyst, and after trying to do so laparoscopic she ended up doing a laparotomy and found one of the worst cases of endometriosis she ever saw. So on top of pcos and endo, my husband has a blockage so we need to try IVF rather soon if we want to have a baby before she removes everything. It will be high risk, my left ovary is completely covered, my right is being pulled down, my uterus is fused to my colon. So I'm afraid I will be having a few more extensive surgeries in the near future.
I have both. Ultrasound/MRI diagnosed with PCOS. Three years later, robotic laporoscopy diagnosed endo. Pain in the rear, trying to balance the hormones. I have been on 6 different birth controls in the last year.
I was diagnosed with both in the summer of 2011 when I was about to be a junior in high school. I had surgery in December of that year and have been on Depo Provera ever since.
I recently found out that while my PCOS and endo are hereditary, PCOS are caused by Insulin Resistance!
This means that I don't synthesize glucose properly and then the pancrase has to produce more insulin to keep the glucose levels down in the blood. This can cause Type 2 diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, and is responsible for 80% of PCOS in women who have the been diagnosed with it. It can also cause Uterine cancer.
Women who have and treat Insulin resistance nearly double their chances of pregnancy and reduces infertility and miscarriages by half. So find out what causes your PCOS and treat that.