Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Is this normal with PCOS??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Is this normal with PCOS??

Ok, so due to PCOS I haven't had a period since January. My doc didn't really explain the PCOS thing to me very well so maybe this is normal, but I have no Idea.. so haven't had a period since January and my period for this month ( if it was coming ) should have arrived about a week and a half ago. Yesterday I was out BBQin and I got this quick sharp pain in my lower stomach/pelvis area and it hit very quickly and buckled me over onto the ground. It lasted about 3 minutes and then went away and I had constant discomfort all night. When I went to use the washroom this morning there was light brown/pink on the tissue. Is this normal ? Any idea what could be happening?
Hello Sawyer67,

Just read your comments. You have identified yourself as a male.
Guys dont' get periods because they don't menstruate. Therefore,
why are you posting this ?
I certainly am not a male. I just never set up or looked at the profile when I created this account. I had no Idea It said male.
Hi Sawyer67,

Okay. Then I suggest you look at your profile and change it from male
to female. You can do it yourself. Just press EDIT and change it.
You mentioned you haven't had a period since January because of your
PCOS. You also said you were barbecuing and you got a sharp pain in
your stomach/pelvis area which buckled you to the ground and lasted
three minutes. That must have been scary and extremely painful.
I don't have any idea of what might be happening. That light/brown pink
you describe could be blood. If this were happening to me, I would make an appointment with my family doctor as soon as possible so you can
tell your doctor your concerns and about the sharp pain in your abdomen/pelvic area which brought you to the ground. Good luck getting
some answers. Eve :)