Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Light spotting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Light spotting

I have pcos with cycles from 28-38 days. I have been light spotting for 14 days what could be the cause? PCOS?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1419848_tn?1283647189
I had that problem a couple of years ago.  My GYN told me since I was spotting it was still concidered a period.  I personally think it was happening when my testosterone was at its highest.  I'm thinking it primarily happens when your hormones are most unstable.
Blank
1419381_tn?1284661272
That makes sense. Its just so weird because this is the first time I have ever had this issue. Thanks for the insight!!
Blank
I have been on my period since sept 5th 2009 ans yes PCOS can cause all kinds of crud. It has taken months to figure out it was pcos and I just started metformin which hopefully is gooing to regulate my period but I am skeptical.
Blank
1419381_tn?1284661272
That's almost a year are you serious?? Wow!! I thought 14 days was horrible! It actually stopped on Saturday. I couldn't understand what was going on, especially since that has never happened before! I can't stand having this. Good luck!!
Blank
Anything over 8 days of a period, is not considered a period anymore, but irregular bleeding. A normal period, should only last 2-8 days long. If your bleeding is going passed that, then you need to see your doctor to get something to stop the bleeding.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...