Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Liposuction and PCOS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Liposuction and PCOS

I have PCOS and have recently gotten liposuction on my midsection back and face. I was close to 160 before and now I am at about 148 (doesnt sound like much but it is noticabley different since a good amount of weight is in my breasts and butt).

The reason I did it is because I was desperate, I was never really big but i was the biggest i had ever been and had a fat face (double chin and cheeks)which made me look bigger.Basically my B-word of a obgyn gave me the lowest dose of metformin after i BEGGED her to help me, she only gave me a months prescription and refused to give me any more after I had finished. Right now I am scared that without metformin i will gain the weight back, is there anything else i could possibly take? I am also currently in the search for a new doctor that is willing to help me.

Has anyone else had liposuction while havign pcos? how was teh turn out ?

Thank You all
If you go to www.medstore.biz you can get a prescription for weightloss pills online as long as you declare you are a BMI of 25 or above. I would not recommend lying as they ask you to tick a box to say your being honest. Anyway most Drs will put you on them as a last resort and only if you are super obese but online they are easier to acquire. I only recently found out I have PCOS and it made sense my testosterone levels were through the roof they surpassed the maximum and I had this weight problem and no matter how much I exercised I could not get rid of it until I started taking 'Rimonabant'. One of those a day and if you eat even somewhat healthy you should lose weight. Aparently they also help you quit smoking too. Anyway... Goodluck jade
I also had lypo before I knew I was PCOS and best thing I ever did my body shape is so much better by as per last post need these pills to keep my weight in check.