Med's not working for PCOS
Hi, I'm wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on the issues I'm having with my treatment.  I have been diagnosed with PCOS for more then 5 years now.  Originally I started on the regular Metformin but due to gastritis could not continue.  While I was on it I lost weight my monthly cycle was regular.  Some time later my symptoms re-occurred.  I began taking Metformin XR (slow release) and suffered no side effects.  However, my symptoms are getting worse and the medication is not helping.  I am on a low fat low carb diet and get regular exercise daily. Nothing seems to work and my weight is ever increasing.  It's something I need to get on top of as there is a strong history of diabetes in my family. I also suffer from palpitations from hormonal imbalance.  I've had these checked out and the cardiologists isn't worried.
PS Ive had my thyroid checked and it's on the low side of normal but still within the normal range.
I think metformin is bs I feel like it doesn't do anything
I had an endocrinologist check my hormones and my thyroid was on the "low end of normal"  he started me on 50mcg synthroid and upped my metformin to 1000ER 2x per day.  I've lost 10lbs in a month.  It helped a lot.