Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Metformin, PCOS, and skin tags
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Metformin, PCOS, and skin tags

Does either PCOS or metformin cause skin tags?  I've gotten like 6 or 7 of them near my underwear line that have popped up since starting met.  They're very embarrassing and I was wondering if anyone knew WHY I had them...  I've figured out I can get rid of them either by using a lot of rubbing alcohol and clear nail polish and then cutting them off but that is very annoying.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
796506_tn?1370191905
It is PCOS that causes skin tags! I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem but it is just one of those beautiful side effects of PCOS. I just read a little bit and you could freeze them off or cut off the blood supply with a string (like sewing string). You can freeze them off just like warts. I hope this helps!
Blank
It's because pcos is actually a defect in one of our chromosomes, so is skin tags.  I work at a childrens hopsital and thats one way we know to test for genetic disorders is skin tags.  
Blank
DO not cut them off yourself!!!! I have them under my arms and a few years back I was shaving my under arms and by mistake I sliced one off. I bled all day and had to see a doc to get it closed up. Please see your doctor as they would know the best way to remove them. I know how annoying they are. I have about 3 under each arm.
Blank
727992_tn?1281623876
try herbal spearmint tea,,,, its good for skin speacially with pcos ,,,,,, u can get information on net in details ,,,, cheap , affordable and effective in a week,,, i m taking it ,,, it is working for me ......
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...