Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Metformin, PCOS, and skin tags

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Metformin, PCOS, and skin tags

Does either PCOS or metformin cause skin tags?  I've gotten like 6 or 7 of them near my underwear line that have popped up since starting met.  They're very embarrassing and I was wondering if anyone knew WHY I had them...  I've figured out I can get rid of them either by using a lot of rubbing alcohol and clear nail polish and then cutting them off but that is very annoying.
It is PCOS that causes skin tags! I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem but it is just one of those beautiful side effects of PCOS. I just read a little bit and you could freeze them off or cut off the blood supply with a string (like sewing string). You can freeze them off just like warts. I hope this helps!
It's because pcos is actually a defect in one of our chromosomes, so is skin tags.  I work at a childrens hopsital and thats one way we know to test for genetic disorders is skin tags.  
DO not cut them off yourself!!!! I have them under my arms and a few years back I was shaving my under arms and by mistake I sliced one off. I bled all day and had to see a doc to get it closed up. Please see your doctor as they would know the best way to remove them. I know how annoying they are. I have about 3 under each arm.
try herbal spearmint tea,,,, its good for skin speacially with pcos ,,,,,, u can get information on net in details ,,,, cheap , affordable and effective in a week,,, i m taking it ,,, it is working for me ......