Metformin Alternatives
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. I really want to lose weight and I know I gotta take the Metformin but it makes me very nauseous. The diarrhea I can handle but not the nausea, so I haven't been taking it. I see an endocrinologist Wednesday. I was wondering if there's an alternative to Metformin/Glucophage without the nausea side effects. If there's not how long does it take until you get used to the side effects?
Ask about getting Byetta. I had the same problem with metformin. The byetta has controlled my blood sugars and my pcos.
I don't know if anything else, I take metformin 1000mgs a day, and at first it kept me with the runs and I lost 20lbs but, then after my body got use to the meds I gained it all back.. I am going to start a liquid diet.. if that doesn't help then I am going to look into Weight Loss surgery.. I am close to 250lbs my biggest is 255.. and I am 5'6 I think that my weight has alot to do with all my health problems and not being able to get PG.. so I need to lose weight some how.. I am tired of yo-yo dieting... good luck...
I started metformin about 3 weeks ago.  My side effects diminished within about a week and a half.  I took a dose with food at breakfast and another dose at dinner.  I just kept telling myself that in the drug statement paperwork it said "your doctor has prescribed this medication because he/she has weighed the benifits greater than the risks or side effects".  

I take it for diabetes and PCOS.