Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
My cyst concern

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

My cyst concern

i have an ovarian cyst measured at 5.1cm. after my ultrasound my doc said that i have polycystic ovaries  - but i just have 1 simple cyst! - n e way, during sex recently i felt severe pain in my pelvic area ... it felt as if a gas bubble in my body wanted to escape. After  sex i was bleeding  not much but it appeared to be stale blood. after another ultralsound it showed that the cyst was still there. Then sex after that day was very painful but no blood. What can be all this discomfort? can it be the cyst causing all this pain?
Do you have any other symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?  What did your doctor say? Cysts do cause a lot of pain and discomfort, unfortunately.  How long have you known you have this cyst?  Has your doctor had a chance to monitor it for a few cycles?  Are your cycles normal?  Has  your doctor talked to you about the possibility of removing the cyst?  Most of them are benign, but they can cause a lof of pain. If you develop a fever you should go to the ER. Have you talked to your doctor about your symptoms?  
tanks 4 the response!  n i think i had this cyst ah while but it was first felt painfully about 3yrs ago. i only have one cyst so i don't understand y dey say, on the ultrasound that i took last saturday, dat i have polycystic ovaries. humm well i guess i just didn't know about it till then! i guess i'm still in denial cuz i don't have much symptoms of such n my doc hasn't given't me much info except dat he wants 2 set a dat wit me 4 surgery! dats a last resort 4 me! but if i get sick how do i no it not jus the virus i got or something??? i'm worried about that part! and can a cyst this size burst on its own? how do u get it 2 shrink?
It is possible for any cyst to burst inside you and it's very painful so if you go into unbearable pain, you should definitely go to the ER to make sure everything is ok.  If you have a complex cyst, depending on it's components, they may cause infection to other organs if ruptured.  Since your cyst does give you pain, if you develop a fever, you should go to the ER if you know that you don't have a cold or flu.  When in doubt, just go. Better safe than sorry. Cysts are mostly benign, bur still may cause pain and infection. Good luck.
what about ur bladder? does it feel any strain? i feel as if mine is weak cuz i get up at least 3 times almost every night 2 use the bathroom! i no that's not normal! and i also don't understand y everytime i go by the ob/gynae he says i have a bladder infection but i have no symptoms ... he get some trace or something in my urine dat gives him that conclusion. is dat another factor of PCO?