Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Need advice
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need advice

Hi there.  I'm new to this board but i am looking for some advice.  I had been having irregular periods for about 6 months (between 28 days and 40 days) and these could be very painful sometimes.  I went to the doctors just to check nothing was seriously wrong and was sent for an internal scan.  I got the results back and the doctor said I had polycystic ovarian symptoms (cysts on my ovaries) but then she began to list other symptoms and I couldn't match any with myself ie. excess hair, weigh gain, overweight.  I'm 5ft 8, 60kg, my bmi is spot on, i eat healthy, am fit etc.
My main issue is the fact that for the whole of last year my partner and I had been putting money away as we were planning to start a family in the new year.  Obviously this will be much more difficult now and i'm being put off the idea of trying as i dont know how i will be able to cope if i cannot get pregnant as its the only thing we want.  Just wondering if anyone knows the chances of me becoming pregnant naturally or if this is not possible what treatments will be available to me?