Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
New to Metformin!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

New to Metformin!!

Hi, I am a 25 year old female and I currently weigh 115kg. I work as a flight attendant and also travel overseas as leisure around twice a year.

I was diagnosed with PCOS around 1-2 years ago. It wasn't until recently that I realised that if I don't sort it out now that I may not have a chance to ever fix it.

The doctor I saw first suggested a drug called Aldactone. After taking that for some time I begin to get nauseous quite frequently and decided to stop it.

The doctor then suggested I try taking the pill. After 1 1/2 months of taking the pill I started to get headaches which wouldn't disappear, a few nose bleeds, the chivers then fevers. I stopped taking he pill immediately as in thought it may be related to blood pressure.

A few days after e symptoms started I woke up its excruciating pain in my chest - I couldn't move, walk, talk and could hardly breath. The doctor sent me straight to the emergency department where they ran a series of tests and X-rays.

It turns out I had fluid and blood clots on my left lung. I was in hospital for 7 days and was having 2 clexane injections a day. They also put me on warfarin and I will continue to have these for 6 months. I mentioned during this time to the hospital doctor that my GP mentioned taking Metformin. He said that he had no issue with me taking them!

Yesterday was my first tablet and I am just curious to know other people's experience and whether it works. I don't exercise much but really going to change that now. Is there any foods I should avoid? Just anything that may help me out and make this work quicker!

Appreciate any words of wisdom. Cheers
Tags: PCOS