New
Hi guys, i am new to this site, I have PCOS and was diagnosed this about 6 years ago, because of this i have gone from 11 stone to just over 17 stone, i dont have periods, i cant remember the last one i had without help from the doctor. Now at the hospital they put me on metphormin but it made me really ill although it started my periods, does anyone have any suggestions or a good weight loss plan?
HI,
The problem of PCOS gets aggravated with weight gain and weight loss should help you more than the metformin that you are taking. Weight loss can be achieved by a combination of diet control or dietary modification and exercise. You should consult a dietician to prepare a diet chart according to your food habits, in such a way that nutrition is not compromised. Exercise should be such that is as per your liking so that the chances of sticking to the exercise regime are greater. Exercise should be done daily for 30 to 60 minutes.
Hope this helps.