No Period for 8 months & No treatment. Is this normal?
I'm 31. I've had PCOS for at least 12 years...10 of which, I have gone without treatment.
Back when I got diagnosed the endocrinologist put me on Demulen 30 and Aldactone. I took that for about 6 months in efforts to regulate my periods. It worked for a little bit, than - nothing.
I got really discouraged (and depressed), and I was suffering from horrible periods (long, and heavy) so I stopped taking anything. I was like that for about 10 years. I also stopped going to the doctor about it, because I felt like I was getting nowhere.

About a year ago, I went through a course of time where I didn't have a period in 6 months (and no, I knew I definately wasn't pregnant)... Back to the doctor I went. I am seeing a OB/Gyn right now, who put me on Diane 35, and offered HRT (If I was interested).

He claims that as long as I am not trying to get pregnant, than no period is no big deal.
I kind of question this logic. I mean: What kind of effect is this having on my uterus?? That's not to mention the size of cysts that I am forming...because my ovaries are still functioning.

I've had 2 transvaginal U/S done in the last 4 months monitoring one of my cysts in particular. My last pap came back abnormal, as well as the endometrial biopsy I had done. It's been 8 months now, since I had a period.  Am I rightfully concerned about the effects this could be having?
I had the same thought after reading this - The risk of developing endometrial cancer (cancer of the uterine lining) is associated with obesity, irregular periods, high blood pressure and diabetes, all of which I have except the diabetes. These conditions are common in women with PCOS. Endometrial cancer is approximately 3 times more frequent in women with PCOS. Women with PCOS, who are experiencing irregular or no periods, are often given progesterone to induce a withdrawal bleed every 3 months. This minimises the risk of endometrial cancer. I too had been told by a doctor that unless I wanted a baby having no period was fine! After reading this that was given to me by my natural fertility specialist I think not!!!!