Not Sure Whats Going On...
I went to the ER with LRQ pain that increased with any kind of pressure or movement in my abdomen. I was diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst on my Rt. ovary approx 4cmx5cm that appeared in less than four weeks (I miscarried and had a vag ultrasound that showed nothing four weeks prior). After seeing my military PCM, I've been refered to OBGYN and am awaiting them to call and make an appointment with me. In the meantime I'v been surfing the internet looking for strait forward answers and can only find forums (  ~:(  )  so here I am. Is surgery always what they do for complex cysts? What are the treatment and outcome options? What are the dangers? I just want to know something.
Ashley
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-are-complex-ovarian-cysts-and-how-do-you-treat-them.html

There is no one common method of treating Complex Ovarian Cysts. There are some such cysts which require immediate surgical removal while other cysts need to be controlled with drugs. But sometimes, despite all forms of medication, the Complex Ovarian Cysts just can’t be eradicated thus causing great physical and emotional problems in the women concerned. Therefore, other options have to be considered when dealing with these cysts. Conventional medicines are not always of much help when dealing with the more complicated varieties of the Complex Ovarian Cysts because they tend to work around the symptoms of this disease rather than tackling the root cause of it. This is why women who have utilized the most sophisticated forms of conventional medical treatment sometimes do face a relapse of their previous condition.

More than the type of treatment, it is the kind of treatment that makes a difference in the patient’s condition. A Holistic Approach is the best form of treatment available as it is versatile and multi dimensional in nature. It helps the patient enormously as it doesn’t only focus on the disease but on the suffering patient as well. It therefore works out an individualized form of treatment option which can ultimately give relief from ovarian cysts before they turn into Complex Ovarian Cysts. While there are some advanced conditions where there is no option but to take recourse to surgery, the Holistic Approach can be used to treat the majority of the Complex Ovarian Cysts in a simple, efficient and safe manner.