Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Ovarian cysts and in vitro procedure - pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Hello everyone!

I had endometriosis, chocolate cysts and tumor on my right ovary, also blood thickening, and my right ovary was removed during laparoscopy almost 8 years ago. I have problems with my left ovary too, endometriosis and cysts. I've done a lot of treatments (herbal, Yasmin pills, Zoladex shots etc.) and a punctuation. My husband and I decided to start TTC 1 year and a half ago but that didn't gave any positive results, so now we decided to make the in vitro procedure. Before that I must go on a laparothomy, so that the doctors can remove one endometriotic cyst.
My question is: Is it possible to get pregnant with in vitro considering my situation? My gyno and other doctors had never told me that I can't get pregnant, but still, I need some real experiences... Does anybody had similar experience and if yes, please write if there are any chances for me to get pregnant or I should give up?
Thank you in advance!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Endometriosis is a problem that tends to recur with time. Hence it is best to conceive as soon as the treatment for the endometriotic cysts is done. This can be laparotomy for removal or medical treatment. Success of IVF will depend on other factors like age, quality of endometrial lining and sperm factors and embryo quality. Consult an infertility expert for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.