Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Ovulation Pain but no period & not pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

I was on Clomid for 6 cycles over a year ago (last pill in May 2010), and I noticed every time I ovulated my left (usually) ovary would have sharp pains for a day or two or three. My ovulation strips would come up positive & I'd have my period 14-18 days later. I was NOT monitored on Clomid to confirm ovulation otherwise. The dr said as long as it was coming up positive and I had a period within two-ish weeks I had ovulated.

Since my last Clomid pill back in May I have not gotten a period on my own and have needed to take progesterone to bring it on and have testing. They diagnosed me with PCOS.

The last two "cycles" I've had ovulation pains in my left ovary, (did not take ovulation strips as we were told not to try for a couple months to await test results) but I've had that sharp pain. Sometimes for 5 days. But 14-18 days later (in this cycles case now 38 days later) and no period and no positive pregnancy test or any symptoms.

So, is this really ovulation pain? I'm guessing not since no period. A cyst? (never had one I know about) I'm so confused. Any info would be much appreciated. should I be concerned? This past month was super painful and I'm quite shocked there wasn't a period or pregnancy. Based on the feeling I thought for sure I had ovulated.
im just wondering how long did u have to wait to be prescibed clomid ??? i have pcos and ttc for a year now and im waiting on my first appoinment with a gyne ???
I got Clomid without ever being diagnosed with PCOS. The horrible Dr. I had just assumed I had it so gave it to me after seeing her once and calling her up to get the meds.
HI,

I have had PCOS I would say since I was 16 (i'm 30) and I would get my period on my own maybe 3 times a year. I was on the pill for a long time which kept me regular..I stopped that 5 years ago and went back to 3 periods a year MAYBE.....Then they stopped altogether.

DH and I wanted to start trying so my doc put me on clomid, I took it for 3 months and never ovulated and had to take provera to start a new cycle.

I did not take clomid for my February cycle and I did ovulate on my own.  I wasn't sure i did but then I spotted for 6 days... I called the doc and he said if you spotted for that long count it as your period. you don't always have to have a light to heavy bleed!  

But if you don't get your period and your not pregnant, then you did not ovulate!

I have cysts on both my ovaries, never had one burst (knock on wood)

Doctors give clomid to most anyone, they don't have to have PCOS to get it. Sometimes it is used to help someone who does ovulate have a better ovulation!