PCOS, All the symptoms but no cysts

I am just looking for some advice and to learn from anyone who is experiencing the same problems as I am.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago via blood tests. I had all the symptoms for yeas, pain in lower right side, lack of periods, extreme hair loss but hair everywhere else, over weight and many many more.

I was put on metformin (glucophage) 850mg x 3 times a day, I didnt really think they were helping much but since coming off them 4 weeks ago I have had extreme mood swings, crying, rage and moodiness for no reason and now i have my period and its the most painful its ever been.

I went to my gynae who sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. No cysts showed up, he said that my endometrium and womb looked fine the ovaries were a little big bigger than normal but he needs to check the size.

Can anyone tell me what this means??
How can I have so much pain in my lower right side yet have no cysts?
HI,
You are right that all the symptoms are suggestive of PCOS. PCOS happens basically because imbalance of hormones. Hence a hormonal panel should be done to find out. Also a repeat scan will make matters clear. Weight reduction and metformin; are the first line of treatment. Hormonal therapy and treatment for pain will help. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.