Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS + IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS + IUI

I ve got PCOS and I did two IUI's, first one was a faliur, 2nd  waiting for the results , I had a 18mm folical in my right overy on my 16th day and on  same day my RE did the IUI saying the folical is getting shrink , will it be a successful ? Does people with PCOS get pregnant ?
i also have pcos and just did iui for the first time. im in the 2ww. i was told by my dr that i should not have a problem getting pregnant with the iui treatments . good luck with your results !
thank u. ;  )

this is my second week and I'm scared to take a pregnant test !
I am going to be doing and IUI for the first time this month, I am taking progestrone pills to get a period and once I get my period my doctor has given my clomid to take 100mg days 2-6...anyone ever taken clomid days 2-6??
has anyone had success with IUI and PCOS??? I am just nervous since it is my first time trying this.. I dont ovulate and the trigger shot was helping much...
theres nothing to be nervous about . i also did iui for the first time last week it is a little uncomfortable and you may get some cramping afterwards the whole thing takes about 5 minutes and then they will ask you to lay down for about a half an hour. best of luck to you wishing you a bfp!!!!!!
My second IUI got failed !!!

I m going for a womb wash, I want to clean my womb and go for the 3rd IUI ( wish me luck )
Hi All

I am also going to do IUI this month, After progestone I got my period. Then I took   gonal-f injection for follicle growth.  Yester day I did 18th day scanning still there is no growth in follicles. I got 2 follicle less than 5mm . My gyn is telling if it is not responding they will stop this IUI this month.

Why is this happening. If I am stopping what about the ovulation& next period.  Please reply me.....
Same thing happened to me my follicles never got larger than 8-9 mm so they chose not to do an IUI...he put me back on provera to get another period...but this time I didnt get one.. I have always taken 12 days of provera and on day 13 I get my period..but this time it has been 6 days since the last pill and I have not gotten on.. I have been very sick to my stomach though. I dont know whats going on?? Anyone know??
Hi cmmurph  

Sorry for the delay, Finally I got 2 follicles 23rd day of my scanning. After 16th day of my scanning they increased the dose because sometimes they experienced Immediate response in PCOS Patient.  Yes She is right I got 2 folicle one 18cm &one 16 cm. I did my IUI 8th this month . Now I am waiting fo my test.

In July after taking provera I got periods after 15 days.It will come dont worry. God will Give you  big happy in your life. I am in next stae I dont no about my test...........

Hi !

I am hoping to do my 3rd IUI next month . Hope this time it will be success.
Good Luck and I will keep you in my prayers. I am on my 2nd cycle of menopur injections. Last cycle my follicles (3 ) only grew to 6mm. Hopefully this one they will grow more so we can do our first IUI.
Thanks :  )
good Luck shamilac.....

this month will be yours......

Shamilac,

I have PCOS,in my case  till 18th day scanning there is no growth in folicles suddenly within 2 days it became larger. So I did my first IUI. the happy news is I got a faint positive line in yesterday test. I dont know it is because of that hcg shot I took day before IUI..

Any way I am waiting with a little hope....