Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS & MENTAL HEALTH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS & MENTAL HEALTH

Hi, I've recently turned 20 and was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15 as it was the last resort doctors had to find out why I was having such bad and painful periods,
Me and my partner have been together since just after I turned 18, and we have been discussing starting a family,my partner has mental health & adhd and has to take medication (methylphenidate).
Even thought we haven't been trying to conceive we haven't been preventing it either,
How badly can PCOS effect my chances of conceiving,
And can my partners prescription effect the chances ?
Difficulty in conception is most likely due to your PCOS and not due to your partner’s conditions or medicines which are less likely to be excreted in semen.
Most women with PCOS don't ovulate and thus cannot become pregnant. So the first treatment option for infertility is usually the administration of drugs to induce ovulation like Clomid which you have already taken. Secondly Glucophage or Metformin is an insulin-sensitizing agent that is sometimes used in conjunction with Clomid.

Other than that, Injectable HCG, Hmg, FSH, GnRH and assisted reproduction like IUI, IVF, GIFT AND ICSI may also be used. Please discuss these treatment options with your doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.